cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware: Signature Version: 2.376 2023/10/17 - Filling System Log with errors

Rooke
Star III

Router: RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750); Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.51665 ;
On Tuesday, 2023/10/17, I noticed the entire System Log filled with the same repeating errors, all starting with error: "kernel: dcd/22609: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6." The only difference between the errors is the dcd number.

I checked the Administration menu, Firmware Upgrade tab, and found that the Firmware Signature Version had been updated to "2.376 2023/10/17 09:04" which was a couple of hours before I checked the logs.

After seeing that, I unplugged the Router for a few minutes and plugged it in again and let it boot up.

The errors went away for about an hour then came back. Subsequent (4) power off/on resulted in the same situation.

The errors do not seem to be affecting the router's performance, but the problem needs to be addressed by Asus. Attached is a snippet of the errors.

73 REPLIES 73

I also installed the 3.0.0.4.386_48263-g80b7325 FW to test at the request of Asus and it also works for me.  The log is no longer filled up with the repetitive info and is in fact incredibly clean.  I reboot on a schedule and it did so last night.  All I see is the info captured post-reboot and a couple household items that connect/disconnect/reconnect during the day.

Technically I don't know if whatever problem the info was pointing to still exists, it was just meaningless fluff ported to the log for no reason or there was an issue that was fixed but the fact the log is now very very clean is quite promising as the log in this router has traditionally been busy with garbage in my opinion.  So I'm satisfied this test FW is good.  Hopefully if they put out an official version it does not mess anything else up!

Simone_G
Star I

Hi everyone, same here with a DSL-AC68U. I think this is causing me usb 3.0 HD disconnection, don't know if it's related or just another bug. Hoping for an update from ASUS.

kalle
Star I

I have the same problem and I find it impossible to use. No reaction from Asus yet?

Hello Guys ! 

This problem has it been solved?

I'll end up having to migrate my equipment to a mikrotik + Deco M4, for example, if the asus support doesn't solve it.

No, the errors are still happening and there still isn't any response from ASUS yet - on this forum, the main ASUS ROG forums, nor any email response to my feedback I provided from the router's Advanced Settings | Admin | Feedback function last week.  

I'm getting very disappointed by ASUS' support for their networking products. 

Are you listening ASUS?