This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX6600 XT8 tri-band wireless node connection problem

pickle-pot
Star I

I've been using two AX6600 devices as my router and a wireless node, to provide a MESH wireless network in my home, for nearly two years now. Today, my wireless node lost connection during normal usage and started flashing the blue LED. This happens every few weeks, and if it doesn't self-resolve then I turn off the router and the node and then turn them both back on again, which solves the problem. Today though, power cycling the devices did not solve the issue. The router is working properly as usual, displaying a solid white light, but the node just shows a solid blue light which means 'ready to set up'. I have tried finding the node in the ASUS app, to add it to the network, but the node isn't discovered despite repeated efforts. I have tried moving the node next to the router, and I've tried connecting the node and router via a network cable, but nothing works - the node just displays a solid blue light. I've also tried resetting the node by pressing the 'reset' button in the base.

Can anybody help please? I need to get the node discovered and back on the MESH network.

2 REPLIES 2

pickle-pot
Star I

For info - I've now solved this. I performed a hard reset of the wireless node by disconnecting it from the power, holding down the WPS button then reconnecting it, waiting for the green LED to stop flashing before unplugging it again. Process set out here - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046973. After the hard reset it works as normal.

Hi @pickle-pot ,

thanks for providing the update, if the issue continues after trying troubleshooting steps, please let us know, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.