This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenWifi XT9 - use Range Extender or Additional Node?

CSnet
Star I

Hi.

I have an asus zenwifi xt9 ax7800 with 2 nodes. The coverage in my house is not great upstairs and my external ring cameras often lose wifi. I need to extend the range to ensure y cameras get a good enough signal. Should I buy an additional XT9 node or buy a range extender (if so which one works best)?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jzchen
Zen Master I

There are two ASUS range extenders RP-AX56 and RP-AX58.  The RP-AX58 works better, BUT I have them on Ethernet Backhaul.  I would not recommend either if you are going to add wirelessly.  I'd suggest getting another XT9 or oher ASUS router/ZenWiFi with better specs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Zen Master I

There are two ASUS range extenders RP-AX56 and RP-AX58.  The RP-AX58 works better, BUT I have them on Ethernet Backhaul.  I would not recommend either if you are going to add wirelessly.  I'd suggest getting another XT9 or oher ASUS router/ZenWiFi with better specs.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @CSnet ,

regarding the signal coverage issue with your ZenWiFi XT9, we would like to provide you with the following suggestions:

1. Please make sure that both XT9 nodes are placed in well-ventilated and centralized locations, avoiding obstructions from large furniture or walls that may block the signals.
  2. Please ensure that your network settings are correct, including the SSID, password, and channels.

If you choose to purchase additional XT9 nodes, they can be compatible with your existing system and can be set up with the AiMesh feature.
During the setup process, please ensure that both the router and the nodes have the latest firmware updates.
Additionally, we recommend trying different placement locations for the nodes to see if it improves the issue.
Thank you for your cooperation.

ASUS ZenWiFi XT9|Whole Home Mesh WiFi System|ASUS Global