This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus.com DDNS in domain asuscomm.com inactive

bartasmosina
Star I

Does anyone know what is going on? I had to restart my router and after restarting it shows me DDNS status as inactive. When I check the status on https://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php it shows my current ip. My brother in an identical router next to his domain it said active, but after restarting the same situation as me inactive. What is going on or are these some temporary problems? Registration for asuscomm.cn domain works without problem but for asuscomm.com there is a problem.

9 REPLIES 9

jzchen
Rising Star II

I just logged into my router (here in the US) and it shows “Active”.

Maybe you need to select the WWW.ASUS.COM.CN server because you are in China?

(I’m afraid I don’t know why yours shows inactive).

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @bartasmosina ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you update the firmware to the latest version?

Could you provide the product model?

May I ask when did the issue occur? Whether it occur after you update the firmware?

In order to better assist you, we suggest that you can provide the feedback log.

You can submit a feedback form Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
1.Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
2.Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback”
3.Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
4.Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
5.Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.
Then provide the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Also, please kindly provide the MAC address. Thank you.

Hi @Aureliannn_ASUS 

I have two Asus RT AC68U routers bundled together in a mesh network.

I am using the latest version of the software when checking if there is a new version available I am told it is the latest.

About two weeks ago there was a similar situation but after two hours everything was back to normal. The problem I described in this post occurred again yesterday and continues today. Generally, the DDNS service was showing as active, but the problem appeared after disconnecting and reconnecting the router to power. Then the DDNS status was shown as inactive, and it remains so today.

I do not see the feedback function in the Administration settings tab.

I decided to disable DDNS and saved the settings then turned on the service again and ripped the log from the system log tab.

I will send the content from the log p0file in a private message as the title of the message I will provide a link to my post.

Can’t help but wonder if this has to do with the Signature version 2.376 that seems to have been applied to some routers, but does not install when I check for an update (latest seems to have been reverted to 2.372)?  (I have Automatic Firmware Upgrade turned OFF).