This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus AX 6600 Web Gui

acopland
Star I

I bought an AX 6600 and have plugged it directly into my Sky Router in the  UK  (I need the router for my landline). When I first set it up, the Web GUI worked fine, and I could connect to the settings pages. Now I can no longer do that, and it continuously says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. I have also tried to use the IP address to connect, which I think is 192.168.50.1

I contacted support, who told me to factory reset, which I did, and the same thing happened. The Web GUI initially worked and then stopped working. I am, however, still receiving a good wifi signal. 

When I use the "discovery app" on my phone, it finds the node but not the router, and if I use the Asus Router app on my phone, it says "can not connect". Does anyone have any idea what I can do short of another factory reset?

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @acopland ,

based on your question, it seems that you are experiencing the "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error message when logging into the web GUI using a specific browser.

Have you tried using other browsers to log in?

I recommend clearing your browser data and attempting to log in again.

Additionally, have you tried updating your IP address?

You can try the following steps to update your IP address:

1. Open the Command Prompt (press Win + R, type "cmd," and hit Enter).
  2. Type the command "ipconfig /release" and press Enter. This will release your current IP address.
  3. Next, type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter. This will update your local DNS cache.
  4. Then, type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter. This will renew your IP address.

Please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue.

Also, you can refer to the following to try to troubleshoot your issue. Thank you.

[Wireless Router] How to access ASUS router’s Web GUI setting page via HTTPS? | Official Support | A...

[Wireless Router] How to enter the router setting page(Web GUI) (ASUSWRT) ? | Official Support | ASU...

[Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? | Official Support | ASUS Glob...

Regarding the issue of not being able to log in to the app, could you please provide the firmware version of your router and the version of the Asus router app you are using?

When attempting to log in, are you connected to the internal network of the AX 6600?

Have you tried installing the Asus router app on a different mobile phone model to see if the same issue occurs? What mode is the AX 6600 set to (Wireless Router, AP mode, etc.)?

Have you tried reinstalling the Asus router app or manually restarting the AX 6600 router to see if you can log in and use it?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.