This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai mesh always disconnected

Snakesc
Star I

Hi , I had a gt 98 router  ai mesh with 2 xt8 but always  disconnected after sometime.i try factory reset but still the same problem  I used wireless ai mesh. anyone known what the problem?

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Snakesc ,

Thank you for providing detailed information about the disconnection issue with your ASUS GT-98 router and AiMesh network consisting of two XT8 nodes.

We recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Check hardware connections: Ensure that all network cables and power cords are securely connected. Check that the antennas are securely installed and adjusted properly.
  2. Update firmware: Update the firmware of the router and nodes to the latest version. ROG Rapture GT-BE98 | Gaming networking|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com) 
  3. Adjust channels and bandwidth: Set the wireless channels of the router and nodes to different non-overlapping channels. Set the bandwidth to Auto or 20/40MHz to avoid instability caused by excessive bandwidth.
  4. Optimize placement: Place the router and nodes in high, open locations, avoiding obstructions.
  5. Turn off unnecessary wireless devices: Temporarily turn off unnecessary wireless devices around you to reduce wireless interference.
  6. Restore factory settings (try again): If the above methods do not solve the problem, you can try restoring the factory settings again.

If the above methods still do not solve the problem, please provide the feedback log so that we can assist you further.

you can submit a feedback form Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
1.Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
2.Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback”
3.Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
4.Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
5.Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.
Then provide the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Thank you.