This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Aura's lightingservice.exe and AacAmbientlighting.exe using so much network?

Dgrim
Star I

Why are lightingserive.exe and AacAmbientlighting.exe (part of aura in armory crate) using constant open internet connection?  Also why is it using so much bandwidth?  It is lagging me out and causing streaming to cache. Also, it is using 2 of my CPU cores at 100%. 

Dgrim_2-1713970793167.png

Honestly, these two programs are acting like malware.

8 REPLIES 8

Hello, @Dgrim 

Thank you for the information, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in response.
As the screenshot is not fullscreen, could you please confirm what tool or software you used to identify the bandwidth usage of the lightingserive.exe and AacAmbientlighting.exe processes?
Our team member is currently still investigating the log you provided, and further verification may take some time.

Thank you in advance for your response and patience.

Hello, @Dgrim 

Apologies for the wait.
Upon confirmation from the relevant department, the communication between the lightingserive.exe and AacAmbientLighting (component controlling the lighting effects of WDL devices) executable files pertains to Aura Sync lighting information. 
Although a communication rate of 96KB/s is observed in the performance monitor, this data is localized and does not transmit to external servers, thus not consuming external network bandwidth.
Please refer to the red circle below:

Jiaszzz_ASUS_0-1715156642675.png
The difference between Network I/O and network utilization lies in that Network I/O measures the rate of data transmission in and out of the network interface card, whereas network utilization gauges the extent of network resource usage.

Thank you.

Hello, @Dgrim 

Alternatively, kindly consider turning "static" or "off" the Aura Sync effects, and the network I/O will not be used by the two mentioned .exes.

Thank you.

Dgrim
Star I

This is very interesting since I have a definitive decrease in performance on all web browsing while those two .exe are running to the point of sites including gmail timing out. After using task manager to terminate the process on both those .exe all web browsing goes back to normal and I get no more timeouts. Also, I have had no problem with webpages or websites ever since I used Revo uninstaller to remove Arua from my computer.
In short, I solved the issue by removing Aura and those two .exe from my system.

Thank you for your help.