cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Physical TPM

musaa
Star I

I bought a physical TPM for my motherboard,

The motherboard is an ASUS H97M-E, a bit old but it works.

LINK tpm and the mother that i have

tpm - 2.0 ☝️

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/asus-h97m-e-rev-1-03 ☝️ 

When I enter the BIOS, the "TPM Trusting Computing Settings" option, which didn't appear before, now shows up after installing the physical TPM. However, it doesn't activate in the BIOS.

below a pic from the bios ↓↓

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @musaa 

Thank you for your inquiry.
Could you please provide the following information to help us better understand your current hardware configuration?
- the current BIOS version and image of the BIOS main page
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, RAM (part number and installed slots as well), and PSU currently installed
- When the setting is grayed out in the BIOS, is there any hard drive or system drive connected?
If so, please share the brand, model, and port it's connected to on the motherboard, as well as the OS version and OS build
Additionally, I’ve DM you and kindly check your inbox in the top right corner when convenient.

Thank you.

• Motherboard: ASUS H97M-E, BIOS Version 2702 (version 2.16.1240)
  • Processor: Intel i7-4790K
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: 2x 8GB DRAM installed in DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slots
  • Power Supply: TS XFX 750W
  • Peripherals: Mouse, headset, keyboard
  • Storage:
    • SSD: Kingston installed in SATA6G_1
    • HDD: Installed in SATA6G_2
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.4780

Hello @musaa 

Thank you for providing the relevant information, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
After further consultation with the relevant team about the specifications, we recommend installing the TPM 1.2 module, as installing the TPM 2.0 module cannot guarantee compatibility.
Could you please clarify the purpose of installing the TPM 2.0 module?
If it is to support Windows 11, please note that, based on ASUS motherboards Ready for Windows 11, we have confirmed that this model cannot support Windows 11 OS.

Thank you.

musaa
Star I