This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios downgrade

mostafa113a
Star I

I have a Asus prime h610m-k d4 and my bios version is 2014 and I want to downgrade my bios version to 1603 but it won't let me do it due to the arc GPU compatibility how can I do that?

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @mostafa113a ,

Could you please specify the issue you're encountering that requires rolling back the BIOS, and has clearing CMOS been helpful for the current issue?
Kindly share the detailed brand and model names of your CPU, GPU, RAM, and PSU, as well as more detail on how "the arc GPU compatibility" is affecting your ability to update to an older version of the BIOS.

Thank you.

i have /core i3 12100-rtx 3060-2x 8gb 3200 vengence pro/system feels slow .i just want to downgrade to other older bios version and try them but bios is locked and wont let me downgrade.please tell me how i can downgrade from 2014 bios version to the lower version .i dont have experience to mod  my bios or unlock that limitation .can you help me?

Hello @mostafa113a ,

Could you please let us know what leads you to believe that the slow system performance is related to the BIOS and whether clearing CMOS or cross-testing with another system disk resolved the issue?
Please also explain what you mean by "the arc GPU compatibility" and "BIOS is locked" or share relevant videos or screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

Generally, you can update to any BIOS version available on the official website.
If you have a specific version update requirement that you are unable to complete, please consider contacting your retailer or ASUS local customer service to arrange for repair, specifying the particular version you wish to update to.

Thank you.

there is nothing wrong with the bios .  the arc GPU compatibility was add on bios 2014 version . my default motherboard bios version was 1603 after updating the bios to the last version i decided to downgrade the bios to default but it wont let me go lower than 2014 bios version due to the intel arc gpu compatibility its in the description of the 2014 bios version.and  i want to know how i can bypass the restriction.im sorry for explaining the issue