This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Line issue on my VG279Q1A (165Hz) monitor

marcce
Star I

so I have this monitor for 3 years and in the first 2 years I don't have any issues but months later the lines are now popping up. differently. If the light is black and white it doesn't show up, and if the light is using other colors it does shows up.

I tried the 165hz for 6 months after a year and turned back to 144hz cuz of having a fps issue.

is there anything I can do just to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @marcce ,

apologize for the horizontal lines issue you're experiencing with your VG279Q1A monitor. Here are some potential solutions you can try:

1. Check the connection cables: Try using different DisplayPort or HDMI cables to ensure good quality and connection. Check the ports on both the monitor and computer for any looseness or damage.
  2. Adjust monitor settings: Restore the monitor to factory settings. Adjust overclocking settings if you have overclocked the monitor. Try switching to a different color mode.
  3. Update graphics card drivers: Download and install the latest graphics card driver from NVIDIA or AMD's official website, depending on your graphics card model.
  4. Check other connected devices: Try unplugging other USB devices to see if it affects the monitor's performance. Check the power cord to ensure it is securely connected.
  5. Test with another computer: Try connecting the monitor to another computer to see if the problem persists. If the problem disappears, it may be an issue with the computer.

Thank you.

marcce
Star I

@marcce wrote:

so I have this monitor for 3 years and in the first 2 years I don't have any issues but months later the lines are now popping up. differently. If the light is black and white it doesn't show up, and if the light is using other colors it does shows up.

I tried the 165hz for 6 months after a year and turned back to 144hz cuz of having a fps issue.

is there anything I can do just to fix this?

i got this... https://1921681254.mx/