This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RTX 4070 TI turns on a red light when my pc is powered off, should I be worried?

Liam1
Star I

I just installed a RTX 4070 TI (ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC Edition Gaming) and now whenever my PC is powered off a red LED turns on! I've tried looking into it and it seems like some people say it's nothing to worry about and others say its a problem, so I thought I'd ask here to get a clear answer.

Something to note, I didn't use separate PCIe cables for each Graphics card power connection. this is because my Corsair power supply has a fancy cable that means its not a problem (or so I've been told)

Here are my specs:

• Power supply: Corsair RM Series RM850 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
  • Motherboard:  Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

2 REPLIES 2

Liam1
Star I

More context:
Everything seems to be plugged in fine, I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest drivers (or at least I got the latest drivers on the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app) 

Hi @Liam1 ,

based on your question, if you see a red light at the power connector of your RTX3090TI/RTX4090/4080/4070TI series graphics card, you can refer to the following table to determine the status of your graphics card:

You can also refer to the following link:

[Graphics card] Power cable detect LED mechanism description of RTX3090TI/RTX4090/RTX4080/RTX4070TI ...

Thank you.