This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check or update bios without (maybe) booting up pc?

walter44
Star I

I have an asus prime b350 plus and a ryzen 5 2600 and pcpartpicker says I need to have the bios set to 3803. My gpu wasn’t working, nothing was displaying so I’m waiting for a new one to arrive. I’m new to pc’s and have no idea how to update or check bios and looking online has been entirely helpless. Would I have to download it onto a flash drive from another computer and then plug it in? It might end up working with no intervention I guess we’ll see on Tuesday but I just want to be sure. I would appreciate any help, thank you and sorry for lengthy post!!

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @walter44 ,

based on your issue, ASUS offers three ways to update BIOS of the motherboard

● Update BIOS under the BIOS menu (EZ Flash), you can refer to FAQ:[Motherboard] ASUS EZ Flash 3 - Introduction

● Update BIOS under the Windows system (EZ Update), you can refer to FAQ:[Motherboard] EZ Update - Introduction

● Update BIOS under the Shutdown or uninstall CPU status (USB BIOS FlashBack), it's only applicable to some models. If you want to know whether your motherboard can support USB BIOS FlashBack function ,you can refer to FAQ:[Motherboard] How to use USB BIOS FlashBack™?

As for the how to check BIOS version, you can refer to "How to find the model name and BIOS version in UEFI mode" in the following link.

[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.