This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Asus Rog Strix G10dk not recognising ram

wezza2
Star I

Hello i'm just reposting this from the rog subreddit just for some help from you guys

I'm at my wits end trying to get my g10dk to recognise new ram, I've tried adding another 32gb (2 x 16) corsair vengeance ddr4 lpx 3200 to the computers 16gb and wouldn't work, i've tried adding just one stick alongside base and wouldn't work. tried the two together by themselves for 32gb and again it wouldn't work. The computers case lights and the fans turn on but it won't output to the monitor. I'm going to try to update the bios but I'm wondering what I should do and if anyone else has had this issue because I've tried over and over slotting in the ram, looking at tutorials on youtube and asking friends. It's an AMD Ryzen 5 btw and it also does not have xmp/docp support

if anyone could offer some advice that'd be awesome

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @wezza2 ,

for the monitor no image issue, may I ask have you ensure that your monitor is properly connected to the video output port on your computer?

Check if any of the pins on the monitor video connector is bent.

You can refer to the following user manual.

E19413_G10DK_Win11_UM_v3_WEB.pdf (asus.com)

And make sure that you have test each RAM stick individually in each RAM slot to ensure that all the RAM sticks are functioning properly and that none of the RAM slots on the motherboard are faulty.

Also, could you provide the monitor product model?

If can, could you provide a video about the monitor cannot show but the fans and case lights are on?

Thank you.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @wezza2 ,

after checking with the relevant department.

This memory has not been internally validated, which could potentially lead to compatibility issues.

If there is a need for additional memory, you can have ASUS-certified memory installed at our service center to avoid compatibility problems.

You can refer to the following link.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.