This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS BR1402F - Touchscreen not working

nvubu
Rising Star I

I have the above laptop purchased in March 2024.

I have just noticed that the touchscreen & pen are not working and when I check the Pen & touch settings in the Settings / System / About screen it states that No Pen or touch input is available for this device.

I very rarely use this, so am not 100% sure that it has ever been there - although I "think" I must have tested this feature when it arrived after the first set-up. I have upgraded to 16Gb AND added a 1Tb NVME drive.

I have tried resetting the system so as to get back to the original settings - but it is still not there.

Is there a way to re-enable these settings or add them back in?

The laptop was purchased through the ASUS store and is registered there on my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@nvubu 
I have confirmed that your laptop is indeed equipped with a touchscreen. If you have already tried restoring the system but the issue still persists, it may be due to a hardware failure. I recommend that you take your laptop to a service center for further diagnosis. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@nvubu
If you have tried restoring the system but the problem persists, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

nvubu
Rising Star I

@Falcon_ASUS  I have tried Restoring through through Recovery / Reset this PC and reinstalling through the MS Creation Media - Although I now have Windows 11 Pro rather than Windows 11 Pro Education installed, and I had to install all the drivers from the download zip file X64W11_22H2_SWP_BR1402CGA_04.00 on the ASUS Support pages.

I don't have any "errors" in Device Manager. Here is the comparison between my BR1100F & BR1402F. 

DeviceManager_BR1100F.png

DeviceManager_BR1402F.png

The HID Compliant Touch Screen & Pen devices are missing, and I cannot find them anywhere to add manually. On the BR1100 they are Microsoft drivers, so nothing "special".

The Firmware Assistant doesn't help either.

Do you have any drivers for these items?

I can't return the item for a repair at the moment as I am off to Africa with it in 2 weeks time - and I know that this is about the turnaround for a repair (my ZF8 took this amount of time).

@nvubu 
I have confirmed that your laptop is indeed equipped with a touchscreen. If you have already tried restoring the system but the issue still persists, it may be due to a hardware failure. I recommend that you take your laptop to a service center for further diagnosis. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

nvubu
Rising Star I

@Falcon_ASUS  - thanks for the update. I have called the service centre and pointed them to this tread for details.

I'll look at getting it fixed on my return from Africa - mid June.