This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recorder issue

barwalamol321
Star II
There is an audio lag of few milliseconds when I turn on screen recording while playing. Any way to fix it?
61 REPLIES 61

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84371#Comment_84371

I honestly don't know if we have miscommunication. That you really do have a massive audio delay (when we believe you only have a very small one) or if you're extremely picky? I can't find the video you posted right now but I remember It didn't show any "massive" delay.

So either you're experiencing something that you have so far not been able to prove or you're the only one who thinks it's massive. When you say that you hear the shot after you've been killed, you make it sound like there's at least 1 second delay. On our devices there is delay of no more than maximum 100ms. This is my estimation, I don't have the equipment to measure it. My point is that the delay is so small that we have to concentrate and look for it, and even then I'm not sure if it's imagination.

The reply we got back from our devs was that, yes, there is a very small delay and it's because the video recorder picks up both the mic and internal audio at the same time. No 3rd party recorder can do this and this is why they don't show any lag. Our screen recorder will also work perfectly if you only record internal audio or no audio at all.

I have really wanted to fix this issue for you. Gustav and I have spent hours comparing ROG 2 vs OP and other phones. The phones that are able to record both internal audio and mic have this issue too. OP might be the exception but I'm not sure because they do a lot of strange things in PUBG. Like touch input smoothening (which some people love because it looks so smooth and others hate because it creates delay). I honestly can't say if their audio is always delayed regardless if I record or not. There were moments when I was sure that there was a delay but then shortly after it was gone. Maybe just my imagination.

But the point is that the audio delay we're talking about is very, very small and our devs say it's a system limitation that can't be fixed. It has always been like this so I don't understand why you say that there was no delay in Pie. Maybe you just didn't notice it and now when you do, you notice it all the time?

So to move forward

1. if you experience massive delay, prove it with a new video

2. if this small delay is what you're complaining about then, we're sorry, we can't fix it. You have to move on. If that is to sell your device then do it. I don't want you to be unhappy with our product

View post
Facing about 500ms or 1 sec delay. Dont know how to prove it because recorded outcome doesnt have the delay and my video i recorded shows slight delay in video but its observable when playing fast paced games like pubg. I shoot from my gun and after 1 sec i hear my gun sound which feels sooo weird

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

I honestly don't know if we have miscommunication. That you really do have a massive audio delay (when we believe you only have a very small one) or if you're extremely picky? I can't find the video you posted right now but I remember It didn't show any "massive" delay.

So either you're experiencing something that you have so far not been able to prove or you're the only one who thinks it's massive. When you say that you hear the shot after you've been killed, you make it sound like there's at least 1 second delay. On our devices there is delay of no more than maximum 100ms. This is my estimation, I don't have the equipment to measure it. My point is that the delay is so small that we have to concentrate and look for it, and even then I'm not sure if it's imagination.

The reply we got back from our devs was that, yes, there is a very small delay and it's because the video recorder picks up both the mic and internal audio at the same time. No 3rd party recorder can do this and this is why they don't show any lag. Our screen recorder will also work perfectly if you only record internal audio or no audio at all.

I have really wanted to fix this issue for you. Gustav and I have spent hours comparing ROG 2 vs OP and other phones. The phones that are able to record both internal audio and mic have this issue too. OP might be the exception but I'm not sure because they do a lot of strange things in PUBG. Like touch input smoothening (which some people love because it looks so smooth and others hate because it creates delay). I honestly can't say if their audio is always delayed regardless if I record or not. There were moments when I was sure that there was a delay but then shortly after it was gone. Maybe just my imagination.

But the point is that the audio delay we're talking about is very, very small and our devs say it's a system limitation that can't be fixed. It has always been like this so I don't understand why you say that there was no delay in Pie. Maybe you just didn't notice it and now when you do, you notice it all the time?

So to move forward

2. if this small delay is what you're complaining about then, we're sorry, we can't fix it. You have to move on. If that is to sell your device then do it. I don't want you to be unhappy with our product

View post
You see i am not the only one thinking the delay is not an issue, small delay might not be the issue but the delay is so much that it can get you killed in pubg or make you uncomfortable while shooting guns ingame.

Secondly, i already moved on considering that i already use other screen recorder. Not selling this device yet just because of the side port but if i knew about this delay before it would've been a deal breaker for me. I contacted asus executive on call and via email with same issue and also visit service center and all they said is wait for an update to get it fixed. Idk if there will be a fix in update but i appreciate for them to get back to me.
Third i want to ask can i use elgato capture card with my rog without professional dock and use a local dock? I tried it with my ezcap and it capture just fine. Does elgato work?

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

So to move forward

View post
I suggest you to play pubg without the recorder on and then turn on the recorder to observe the delay. I have been playing pubg alot recently and let me tell you that the delay i observe might be slight but makes me uncomfortable just hearing sound so late.
This is off topic but can you atleast add some new features in the phone? I made a list before and i encourage you to check it out.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92812#Comment_92812

You see i am not the only one thinking the delay is not an issue, small delay might not be the issue but the delay is so much that it can get you killed in pubg or make you uncomfortable while shooting guns ingame.

Secondly, i already moved on considering that i already use other screen recorder. Not selling this device yet just because of the side port but if i knew about this delay before it would've been a deal breaker for me. I contacted asus executive on call and via email with same issue and also visit service center and all they said is wait for an update to get it fixed. Idk if there will be a fix in update but i appreciate for them to get back to me.

Third i want to ask can i use elgato capture card with my rog without professional dock and use a local dock? I tried it with my ezcap and it capture just fine. Does elgato work?

View post
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92812#Comment_92812

I suggest you to play pubg without the recorder on and then turn on the recorder to observe the delay. I have been playing pubg alot recently and let me tell you that the delay i observe might be slight but makes me uncomfortable just hearing sound so late.

This is off topic but can you atleast add some new features in the phone? I made a list before and i encourage you to check it out.

View post
Trust me, I have tested it in every way imaginable. If you get up to 1 second delay, then you have a different issue.
I don't remember if you have already told us but had you tried a factory reset and then only install PUBG to see if the issue is still there? You're not allowed to do any changes to any settings outside of the game for this test.
External capture cards should work. I haven't tried the one you asked about but remember, Android can only send audio to one device which means that if you send audio via HDMI, then you won't get any headphone audio unless that HDMI device has an audio jack or something.

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92816#Comment_92816

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92820#Comment_92820

Trust me, I have tested it in every way imaginable. If you get up to 1 second delay, then you have a different issue.

I don't remember if you have already told us but had you tried a factory reset and then only install PUBG to see if the issue is still there? You're not allowed to do any changes to any settings outside of the game for this test.

External capture cards should work. I haven't tried the one you asked about but remember, Android can only send audio to one device which means that if you send audio via HDMI, then you won't get any headphone audio unless that HDMI device has an audio jack or something.

View post
Ok i will just format the phone and try only pubg with recorder to see if that makes any difference. Will get back to you.