This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recorder issue

barwalamol321
Star II
There is an audio lag of few milliseconds when I turn on screen recording while playing. Any way to fix it?
61 REPLIES 61

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92615#Comment_92615

I tried all settings and everything to fix it and i came to the conclusion that its either a software bug or hardware limitation which is annoying. Secondly i have been using this phone since october 2019 bought it in second sale and was expecting much more. Thirdly if you are not a fan boy then you are wannabe tech expert or something so let me criticise you, you are not doing too well in that job and you might wanna try something else

View post
Lol, not at all a tech expert - not sure where you got that information from. If it makes you better to criticise people, feel free to do so to me, but I recommend not doing it when your outside in the real world.
The questions being asked from someone who is trying to help someone is trying to get some more informationas the issue is not clear. Naturally, most support sites will ask questions until they can reproduce the issue. As you can see, I wasn't even trying to give you solutions, but to help speed things up as moderators here will probably have their other duties to do. It will save you and the moderator's time in the long run so questions don't get asked. But whatever.....
The problem is people don't answer the direct questions but instead trying to divert the questions.
So what do you think of AZRecorder? Is it working as you expected?
You tried all settings, what did you try exactly so that moderators/or people who are trying to help don't go through the same testing.
I always hear OnePlus is always better - are you able to show a video of the problem not happening?

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92622#Comment_92622

Lol, not at all a tech expert - not sure where you got that information from. If it makes you better to criticise people, feel free to do so to me, but I recommend not doing it when your outside in the real world.

The questions being asked from someone who is trying to help someone is trying to get some more informationas the issue is not clear. Naturally, most support sites will ask questions until they can reproduce the issue. As you can see, I wasn't even trying to give you solutions, but to help speed things up as moderators here will probably have their other duties to do. It will save you and the moderator's time in the long run so questions don't get asked. But whatever.....

The problem is people don't answer the direct questions but instead trying to divert the questions.

So what do you think of AZRecorder? Is it working as you expected?

You tried all settings, what did you try exactly so that moderators/or people who are trying to help don't go through the same testing.

I always hear OnePlus is always better - are you able to show a video of the problem not happening?

View post
Every possible settings.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92624#Comment_92624

Every possible settings.

View post
Then it looks like you're stuck 🤣
Good luck with what you do and take care!

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92625#Comment_92625

Then it looks like you're stuck 🤣

Good luck with what you do and take care!

View post
Alright thanks for telling me, i would've never known that i am stuck with broken screen recorder.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84367#Comment_84367

Why is there a delay in the headphones.... Its clearly a bug

View post
I honestly don't know if we have miscommunication. That you really do have a massive audio delay (when we believe you only have a very small one) or if you're extremely picky? I can't find the video you posted right now but I remember It didn't show any "massive" delay.
So either you're experiencing something that you have so far not been able to prove or you're the only one who thinks it's massive. When you say that you hear the shot after you've been killed, you make it sound like there's at least 1 second delay. On our devices there is delay of no more than maximum 100ms. This is my estimation, I don't have the equipment to measure it. My point is that the delay is so small that we have to concentrate and look for it, and even then I'm not sure if it's imagination.
The reply we got back from our devs was that, yes, there is a very small delay and it's because the video recorder picks up both the mic and internal audio at the same time. No 3rd party recorder can do this and this is why they don't show any lag. Our screen recorder will also work perfectly if you only record internal audio or no audio at all.
I have really wanted to fix this issue for you. Gustav and I have spent hours comparing ROG 2 vs OP and other phones. The phones that are able to record both internal audio and mic have this issue too. OP might be the exception but I'm not sure because they do a lot of strange things in PUBG. Like touch input smoothening (which some people love because it looks so smooth and others hate because it creates delay). I honestly can't say if their audio is always delayed regardless if I record or not. There were moments when I was sure that there was a delay but then shortly after it was gone. Maybe just my imagination.
But the point is that the audio delay we're talking about is very, very small and our devs say it's a system limitation that can't be fixed. It has always been like this so I don't understand why you say that there was no delay in Pie. Maybe you just didn't notice it and now when you do, you notice it all the time?
So to move forward
1. if you experience massive delay, prove it with a new video
2. if this small delay is what you're complaining about then, we're sorry, we can't fix it. You have to move on. If that is to sell your device then do it. I don't want you to be unhappy with our product