This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone software bugging after plugging in headphones.

joglekar_akshay
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z (128 GB)
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time since a day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since today morning, whenever I plugged in my earphones in my Zenfone 5z, the volume shot up to full. Also, Google assistant started turning on automatically very frequently. Sometimes, the phone automatically stopped or paused playing any songs if I was playing them. Sometimes when I turned the volume down, it would still go up either instantaneoulsy or over a certain period of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
joglekar.akshay58

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z (128 GB)
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time since a day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Since today morning, whenever I plugged in my earphones in my Zenfone 5z, the volume shot up to full. Also, Google assistant started turning on automatically very frequently. Sometimes, the phone automatically stopped or paused playing any songs if I was playing them. Sometimes when I turned the volume down, it would still go up either instantaneoulsy or over a certain period of time.

This thing happens to me also and this is not a software problem. Clean your headphone jack at service center or any mobile service shop then it will work fine.
If your phone is within warranty period then go to any nearest Asus Service center.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
joglekar.akshay58

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z (128 GB)
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time since a day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

This thing happens to me also and this is not a software problem. Clean your headphone jack at service center or any mobile service shop then it will work fine.
If your phone is within warranty period then go to any nearest Asus Service center.

joglekar_akshay
Star II
Thanks a lot Debasish! Will try this out...

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29524/phone-software-bugging-after-plugging-in-headphones

View post
Sir this is happening exactly same with me but with wireless Bluetooth earphones. Now what to do??? Repair bluetooth waves???

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/85696#Comment_85696

Sir this is happening exactly same with me but with wireless Bluetooth earphones. Now what to do??? Repair bluetooth waves???

View post
In your case factory data reset will help u fix ur problem try it once and if issue does not solve please let us know again 😊