This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
I'm not trying to make trouble or anything but for those saying they aren't missing calls, are you 100% sure? because the way i found out i was missing calls was by using the t-mobile digits app and seeing missed calls there. using the dialer, since the calls never appear in the history, you will never know you missed any unless they left a vm or told you they called. just wondering. thanks.

dt808
Rising Star I
yesterday i missed a text while i was still in the conversation with the person. i only noticed when i happened to check the t-mobile digits app. now that was weird lol.

Rangzen
Rising Star II
dt808

I'm not trying to make trouble or anything but for those saying they aren't missing calls, are you 100% sure? because the way i found out i was missing calls was by using the t-mobile digits app and seeing missed calls there. using the dialer, since the calls never appear in the history, you will never know you missed any unless they left a vm or told you they called. just wondering. thanks.

View post
I'm here to legitimise your query; not deny it. I'm not a typical fanboy of any brand. I face similar sms delay problem so I admitted it. I have had fast charging issue but it is sorted after using third party adapter and cable but still I have little problem with charging but that's okay.
Currently, the biggest bug is the assesibility bug which automatically turns off my Total Security App by default no matter what I do.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
dt808

View post
You're right. It seems like I had a missed call on the 26th and then on the 29th. They show up in the Digits app but not in the stock calling app. Guess I'll have to depend more on Digits to not miss calls.

petteyg359
Star III
I tried turning off mobile data entirely yesterday to test the idea that the mobile radio was being used for data and without VoLTE could not simultaneously be used to receive a call. This morning I had another WebEx call that ended up in voicemail as the phone never rang for it.