This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
justinleon2113

Update: I had an issue with missed calls, texts, and voicemails this morning. I only knew because I went to make a call and instantly got all the notifications. The only change I did a few days ago was change to 2G/3G/4G (in Mobile network settings) from Global Auto (in the secret code "4636"). I only did this to see if data speeds would be different, and they seemed to be a little faster. It appears that setting either doesn't stick over reboots or changes if you go in the Call Settings menu. I'm not sure. Regardless, I'd rather get calls than faster data if there had to be a tradeoff. Wifi calling is OFF and hasn't changed. This is getting even more frustrating day by day. 😒

View post
i missed some calls today too and was able to reproduce it because it was multifactor authentication calls so i could login to a secure site. its weird because it worked earlier in the morning with wifi on, then i tried about an hour later from the same site (wifi still on) and my phone did not ring and the calls were not logged. i tried 4 more times from the same site and none of them worked. i then turned off wifi, tried again, and the call came in.
i'm already looking at new phones so if anyone wants to buy my zenfone 6, make me an offer LOL!

justinleon2113
Star III
dt808

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/83773#Comment_83773

i missed some calls today too and was able to reproduce it because it was multifactor authentication calls so i could login to a secure site. its weird because it worked earlier in the morning with wifi on, then i tried about an hour later from the same site (wifi still on) and my phone did not ring and the calls were not logged. i tried 4 more times from the same site and none of them worked. i then turned off wifi, tried again, and the call came in.

i'm already looking at new phones so if anyone wants to buy my zenfone 6, make me an offer LOL!

View post
That's really weird! I did have wifi off yesterday but not for long. For me, it works fine with Wifi on...after I go into the secret settings. Agreed, I am also looking for a new phone. This experience really ruined the brand for me, and paired with the Asus ZenScreen I bought in March that had a backlight so dim it was almost unusable for me, I won't be buying anything Asus anytime soon, sad to say.

dt808
Rising Star I
justinleon2113

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/83777#Comment_83777

That's really weird! I did have wifi off yesterday but not for long. For me, it works fine with Wifi on...after I go into the secret settings. Agreed, I am also looking for a new phone. This experience really ruined the brand for me, and paired with the Asus ZenScreen I bought in March that had a backlight so dim it was almost unusable for me, I won't be buying anything Asus anytime soon, sad to say.

View post
yea its so inconsistent right!?!?
anyway i just installed the google phone app out of desperation. not sure if it will help but i'm just gonna try anything now lol. i'll report back when i see how it goes.

dt808
Rising Star I
ok google phone didn't fix anything lol. I'm now just using 2g/3g mode. we'll see how that goes.

petteyg359
Star III
I have noticed that if Visual Voicemail is running in the background I often cannot receive calls. IME VVm won't work on just Wi-Fi, and needs a cell signal. If the phone doesn't support either VoLTE or VoWiFi, then when VVm is used, obviously there is no way to receive other calls, because the cell connection is already in use for data. If the phone periodically turns off the Wi-Fi while the screen is off and just uses cell data instead for whatever app might be doing anything internet-y, in all those periods calls would not come in.
Asus, why is VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling still not functional? What exactly is holding this back?