This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/83176#Comment_83176

Is your wifi calling turning itself off after rebooting? I just did it the one time and it seems to stay off. Do you have "enhanced 4G LTE mode" turned on? I ended up turning it off because I figured if there is no voLTE then it wouldn't help and maybe it would mess things up.

View post
any changes i make are still there after rebooting and i've had wifi calling turned off this whole time. i did have 'enhanced 4G LTE mode" turned on though and since yesterday i've turned it off and so far it's been good with the few tests i've done. we'll see how it goes.
still wondering if asus is gonna fix this though. we shouldnt have to be jumping through all these hoops just to get decent and reliable phone calls and texts.
Thanks for the help 😀

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
dt808

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/83262#Comment_83262

any changes i make are still there after rebooting and i've had wifi calling turned off this whole time. i did have 'enhanced 4G LTE mode" turned on though and since yesterday i've turned it off and so far it's been good with the few tests i've done. we'll see how it goes.

still wondering if asus is gonna fix this though. we shouldnt have to be jumping through all these hoops just to get decent and reliable phone calls and texts.

Thanks for the help 😀

View post
Sure. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high (or at all really). The predecessor to the Zen 6 doesn't have voLTE on T-mobile. This phone has been out for a year and doesn't have it. The Zen 7 is due to be released, apparently, within the next few months. The US is not a priority market for them, it seems. Sad because I love the phone so far other than this.

dt808
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/83360#Comment_83360

Sure. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high (or at all really). The predecessor to the Zen 6 doesn't have voLTE on T-mobile. This phone has been out for a year and doesn't have it. The Zen 7 is due to be released, apparently, within the next few months. The US is not a priority market for them, it seems. Sad because I love the phone so far other than this.

View post
yup i hear you. i really love this phone too but i really have no choice so I'm already looking at alternatives. there's a lot of great phones out there lol.

dt808
Rising Star I
oh and if any asus people are still watching or reading this thread, i'm not asking for a new feature. i'm just asking for voice and message quality to be fixed on this phone for t-mobile (or any other carrier for that matter lol).

justinleon2113
Star III
Update: I had an issue with missed calls, texts, and voicemails this morning. I only knew because I went to make a call and instantly got all the notifications. The only change I did a few days ago was change to 2G/3G/4G (in Mobile network settings) from Global Auto (in the secret code "4636"). I only did this to see if data speeds would be different, and they seemed to be a little faster. It appears that setting either doesn't stick over reboots or changes if you go in the Call Settings menu. I'm not sure. Regardless, I'd rather get calls than faster data if there had to be a tradeoff. Wifi calling is OFF and hasn't changed. This is getting even more frustrating day by day. 😒