This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

dt808
Rising Star I
just got off a long call with someone who used to always complain she couldnt hear me or my voice would cut in and out (yes it's my mom lol) and this time she didnt complain once. i asked her if i sounded ok and she said yes and not once did she say she couldnt hear me or ask me to repeat myself and she is hard of hearing. i'm pretty convinced the ability to adjust wifi calling is helping and hoping it lasts because as of now i really have no complaints regarding this phone. (except maybe the lack of a quality screen protector but thats not an asus problem lol).

justinleon2113
Star III
dt808

just got off a long call with someone who used to always complain she couldnt hear me or my voice would cut in and out (yes it's my mom lol) and this time she didnt complain once. i asked her if i sounded ok and she said yes and not once did she say she couldnt hear me or ask me to repeat myself and she is hard of hearing. i'm pretty convinced the ability to adjust wifi calling is helping and hoping it lasts because as of now i really have no complaints regarding this phone. (except maybe the lack of a quality screen protector but thats not an asus problem lol).

View post
Good to know! In the event anyone needs to factory reset Android this should be the best advice for them (with this current circumstance).

dt808
Rising Star I
so i had to restart my phone last nite and i didnt do the secret code when my phone turned back on so i didnt have the wifi calling options in my menu. well i missed some calls i made to myself today. those calls all went straight to vm. so i entered the secret code and when the wifi calling options appeared in my menu, the settings were the same as i left them before i restarted. this time however i still missed calls! the only way i got it working again was i toggled airplane mode off and on. this is the quickest way i know of to reset all the radios on the phone. after i did that the calls came through.
so confused now lol.
the one good thing is call quality is still great so at least the people i talk to on the phone can hear me clearly.
will keep posting updates.
Thanks!

dt808
Rising Star I
so restarted my phone a few times and did the code to see the volte and wifi calling options afterwards, and missed some calls and now call quality is getting bad again. i tried all sorts of combinations to get things to work but in the end i thought to myself i shouldn't have to do this to get decent call quality on a phone right?
so my question now is - knowing there is a problem with this phone and t-mobile, is asus doing anything to fix it?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
dt808

so restarted my phone a few times and did the code to see the volte and wifi calling options afterwards, and missed some calls and now call quality is getting bad again. i tried all sorts of combinations to get things to work but in the end i thought to myself i shouldn't have to do this to get decent call quality on a phone right?

so my question now is - knowing there is a problem with this phone and t-mobile, is asus doing anything to fix it?

View post
Is your wifi calling turning itself off after rebooting? I just did it the one time and it seems to stay off. Do you have "enhanced 4G LTE mode" turned on? I ended up turning it off because I figured if there is no voLTE then it wouldn't help and maybe it would mess things up.