Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Optimization Startup Tool + AsusHotkeyExec Windows alert at every reboot

gregorw
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Asus Optimization Startup Tool & AsusHotkeyExec.exe Windows alert at every boot-up
Model: X571
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Hi there, after every reboot of Windows I am getting 2 alerts about programs making changes to my computer: #1: ASUS Optimization Startup Task #2: AsusHotkeyExec.exe It seems that it does not even matter if I click yes or no, the system and the hotkeys are working fine either way. But how do I get rid of those two alerts every time? Using Windows 10 Pro, fresh clean install with all updates and latest drivers from asus.com
29 REPLIES 29

rpriyanshu9
Star I
lee_LNTW
Ive found a solution to sort the pop up.

Open the Task Manager on your PC, then hit the Processes tab and look for the Asus Optimisation process within the list.

Right click on the Asus Optimisation process and select Properties

Hit the General tab and go to the Compatibility tab.

Simply select Change Settings for All Users

Then right of the bottom of that box, select Run this program as an administrator.

Boom, next boot, the laptop stops asking for permission and automatically runs the file.
View post
I tried this but now the hotkeys are not working. How to undo this setting. Can't find Asus Optimization startup tool in the task manager now.
Model- ROG Strix G (G531GT)

rpriyanshu9
Star I
jasonleeabell

Ok i tried what you suggest but unfortunately for my G14 it disables a bunch of my hotkeys. I contacted support and they gave me a bs answer to uninstall it and reinstall but the driver is not listed under their driver page

View post
@jasonleeabell How did you fix the issue with the hotkeys after this?

jasonleeabell
Star II
go to file explorer and follow this pathway
This PC-->Drive C-->Windows-->system 32-->Driver store-->FileRepository-->asussci2.infamd64 (something like that, if there is multiple check them all)-->ASUSOptimization--> and then you should be able to see all the executables and then do the same thing but uncheck the administrator button

sdarkdy_91
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello jasonleebell,

Please kindly use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract the file then install them again.

We found that if you use built-in extract tool, this issue would occur,.

We are working on long term solution now.

Thank you.

View post
after uninstall and re install using this method now it work as intended thanks a lot

Joe999
Star I
I uninstalled using Windows device manager and let it delete the drivers
then unpacked with TotalCommander,
re installed with Poweshell Administrator worked for me!!

Treiber mittels Gerätemanager deinstalliert (unter Reiter Systemgeräte \ ASUS System Control Interface) und den Haken bei Treiber löschen gesetzt.
Mit Total Commander entpackt.
Via Powershell mit Administratorfreigabe installiert.
Problem gelöst