Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Optimization Startup Tool + AsusHotkeyExec Windows alert at every reboot

gregorw
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Asus Optimization Startup Tool & AsusHotkeyExec.exe Windows alert at every boot-up
Model: X571
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Hi there, after every reboot of Windows I am getting 2 alerts about programs making changes to my computer: #1: ASUS Optimization Startup Task #2: AsusHotkeyExec.exe It seems that it does not even matter if I click yes or no, the system and the hotkeys are working fine either way. But how do I get rid of those two alerts every time? Using Windows 10 Pro, fresh clean install with all updates and latest drivers from asus.com
29 REPLIES 29

lee_LNTW
Star I
Last edited by lee_LNTW on 2020/1/31 16:46 I have exactly the same problem. Brand new laptop. Having problems with screen pad plus installing its drivers after each reboot. Reinstalled the OS as suggested by support and now have this issue too!

lee_LNTW
Star I
Ive found a solution to sort the pop up. Open the Task Manager on your PC, then hit the Processes tab and look for the Asus Optimisation process within the list. Right click on the Asus Optimisation process and select Properties Hit the General tab and go to the Compatibility tab. Simply select Change Settings for All Users Then right of the bottom of that box, select Run this program as an administrator. Boom, next boot, the laptop stops asking for permission and automatically runs the file.

jasonleeabell
Star II
Ok i tried what you suggest but unfortunately for my G14 it disables a bunch of my hotkeys. I contacted support and they gave me a bs answer to uninstall it and reinstall but the driver is not listed under their driver page

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jasonleebell,
Have you download and install anything from our website or MyASUS recently?

jasonleeabell
Star II
Yes I have. I have my Asus and I did a full driver refresh from asus's driver page