This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 - Battery not charging, LED blinks at start only, after full drain

tom_123
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: .063
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Occurring currently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello All,
Like few other folks on the forum, I too observed my idle battery drain had increased after the .061 and .063 updates.
In order to try out the battery calibration process, I allowed my phone to drain overnight.
But it seems it has drained more than it should have. Now it's not charging at all even after leaving it connected for hours, the charging indicator LED also doesnt turn on.
After connecting Asus Charger the red LED (notification light ) blinks for a sec, the screen with an empty battery comes up. It then shuts itself down, due to 0% charge.
If I leave the phone connected to charger, it seems the phone is constantly trying to start itself (you can see a flash on screen for half a sec duration after every 3 seconds, only visible in dark), drains itself in the attempt and shuts down. Hence there is no charge being accumulated for it to even turn on the LED or the battery charging screen.
Things I have tried
Left the phone connected to Asus charger for 24hrs+
Left it charging by pressing Power + Vol Down buttons for an hour, as I read it helped some other android phones. But in their case it started up within a minute. Holding the power button while charging, does bring up the screen with battery for a sec, after every 10 seconds. But it doesnt help with the charging.
Tried different chargers. If I use any other charger than Asus, like an Mi one, I dont get the first screen showing empty battery, but the flash is brighter. I fear it might damage the display, so didnt left it connected for longer.
After trying all this, I think the only option left is to take it to Asus Service Center, but since it's a lockdown here it would probably take another month for the center to open.
Appreciate any suggestions, in case anyone else had faced a similar issue.
Thanks.
24 REPLIES 24

tom_123
Star II
Any suggestions, anyone?

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
tom_123

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: .063
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Occurring currently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello All,

Like few other folks on the forum, I too observed my idle battery drain had increased after the .061 and .063 updates.

In order to try out the battery calibration process, I allowed my phone to drain overnight.

But it seems it has drained more than it should have. Now it's not charging at all even after leaving it connected for hours, the charging indicator LED also doesnt turn on.

After connecting Asus Charger the red LED (notification light ) blinks for a sec, the screen with an empty battery comes up. It then shuts itself down, due to 0% charge.

If I leave the phone connected to charger, it seems the phone is constantly trying to start itself (you can see a flash on screen for half a sec duration after every 3 seconds, only visible in dark), drains itself in the attempt and shuts down. Hence there is no charge being accumulated for it to even turn on the LED or the battery charging screen.

Things I have tried

• Left the phone connected to Asus charger for 24hrs+
  • Left it charging by pressing Power + Vol Down buttons for an hour, as I read it helped some other android phones. But in their case it started up within a minute. Holding the power button while charging, does bring up the screen with battery for a sec, after every 10 seconds. But it doesnt help with the charging.
  • Tried different chargers. If I use any other charger than Asus, like an Mi one, I dont get the first screen showing empty battery, but the flash is brighter. I fear it might damage the display, so didnt left it connected for longer.

After trying all this, I think the only option left is to take it to Asus Service Center, but since it's a lockdown here it would probably take another month for the center to open.

Appreciate any suggestions, in case anyone else had faced a similar issue.

Thanks.

Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 - Battery not charging, LED blinks at start only, after full drain
Try different wall plug point and try a different charging cable and insert the same into yout original Asus adapter and check.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we’d request you to follow these below steps to resolve the charging issue you’ve been facing.
1.      Try using another charger to charge the device and see if the device is charging normally.
2.      Use your original charger to charge another device and see if there are any abnormalities in charging the other device.
3.      If there is no problem with the charger, take a full backup of the device and perform a factory reset. 

tom_123
Star II
Sanju

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/28411/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-battery-not-charging-led-blinks...

Try different wall plug point and try a different charging cable and insert the same into yout original Asus adapter and check.

View post
Hi Sanju,
Thanks for the advice, I did try different plug point and different charger combinations, but no luck so far,
Thanks.