This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct BIOS for UX581G Notebook?

TitanZen
Star II
System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581G
Frequency of occurrence: Frequent
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Need to know if I have the correct bios in my unit and or where can I get the correct bios? This unit has had a rather odd behavior that it developed. I have had to reset the OS and it hasn't gone away. Using certain streaming apps the machine goes unresponsive touchpad or touchscreen it still shows whatever I am watching but it does not let me click anything but the [x} out button to close then I have to restart.
Different instance is the unit becomes hard to work with web browsing, Document editing, or doing anything local on the unit becomes very lag restarting usually solves but it is persistent lag that comes back.
Biggest unknow is that both the screens have started to go black all of a sudden when the machine is at idle not doing anything rare is the instance when it shuts down and app and goes into a black screen. The powere settings are set to go to sleep at 5 hours away or never on screen and pc battery or ac. Machine becomes unresponsive with a higher fan noise pitch that you can hear not really max turbo trying to cool but it does kick it up. Nothing responds keyboard, touchpad, mouse, touching the screen nothing. Have to hold the power button down a few seconds to shut it off then I can powere it back up.
7 REPLIES 7

Vamp
Zen Master I
Go to Asus site> service> download center. Put in your model and download the bios. Extract that bios in a pendrive and press F2 or esc while powering it on. Now find the option of ezflash in the bios option and navigate to the bios file and press enter and the promt will be there so press yes.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello TitanZen,
Please refer to below link
ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalThank you.

urielkael
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello TitanZen,

Please refer to below link

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ZenBook-Pro-Duo-UX581GV/HelpDesk_Download/

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake,
I just want to point out that the latest 307 BIOS turns the unlocked i9-9980HK processor into a locked one. Meaning all control over clock multipliers and voltages are lost which completely defeats the purpose of having a K processor.
I've since reverted back to 305 because I undervolt for better temps and performance, and also downclock for better battery life.
Maybe it's a programming oversight? So please get someone to look into. Until then I'm sticking to 305. Thanks.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @urielkael ,
I have send PM to you.
Please kindly check it.
Thank you.