This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain & Heat After 17.1810.2002.133 Update - NEED FIX

LMunro
Star I
Have noticed excessive battery drain and phone emitting more heat than usual after 17.1810.2002.133 February update. Anyone else have this issue? Screen on time has suffered significantly and seems to drain quickly whether you are using the device or not. Need a fix ASAP.
13 REPLIES 13

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Kolorowezworki

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46916#Comment_46916

You almost always recommend factory reset. Lagging after update? Factory reset or 3rd party app. Battery drain? Factory reset or 3rd party app etc. etc. Phone should work well after EVERY public update. If you have problems with deliver stable software, why not re-open beta testing? If you such love factory resets, please make it less harmful and give us a good backup method, but it shouldn't work that way. I haven't install any app for 4 months, and one update is better, one update is worse. I use my phone for calling, messaging and sometimes for taking pictures (since Android 10 quality is awful, but please don't recommend factory reset). I don't have root, I don't do any strange modifications of software, memory is used in 10 or 15% so don't try to tell me that problem with my phone is caused by something else than Asus development team. Device is amazing and we are understanding to you and your work, so don't treat us like dumbs and try to coop. We're playing in the same team.

View post
bputra10bennyputra

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46984#Comment_46984

thats right, im already keeping eye on this forum every single day in my office since im buying this phone, what makes me regret is i should have keeping eye on this forum BEFORE i buy the phone, not after.

i always read every single thread in this forum like everyday, and when i saw something that they can't fix, rather than working on with the updates, the moderators only said that we have try to reset it, and if it is not working, we have to go to the asus care center for replacement.

to be honest, im using iphone since like 7 or 8 years ago, trying to give this android a chance and decided to use this phone, but you know what , its pretty awful.

View post
There are probably a billion of different user scenarios that causes different behaviour on a phone. Most of those will never happen but let's say there are still a couple of thousands of more common user scenarios. That's still a lot and we can't foresee everyone. No one can.
So when someone says that a bug has occurred I have to determine how likely this bug is to happen to someone else. Has it already happened to someone else? There's not enough resources to jump on every bug. We have to focus on those that are likely to happen again.
Even when I decide that we should try and fix a specific bug, it's not going to get fixed right away. The shortest time I've ever seen from that we got a complaint to an available fix was maybe two weeks and this is rare. It's more common that it takes 4-6 weeks and there are many cases that has take longer than that. So even if it hurts to do a factory reset, it brings a solution much faster than to wait for a software update.
I understand that you want us to magically fix your phone with an update only one week after but that will/can never happen.
A factory reset is also considered a good suggestion when the likelihood of hardware issue is very high because even if there's only a small chance that it will fix the problem, then it's worth doing it. Our service will always reset your device when they get it. It's the very first thing they do. All manufacturers do this.
I hope this explanation helps you understand why I ask people to factory reset. I'm honest when I say that I try to avoid it but many times, it's the best option and if you were in my shoes with my experience, then I can guarantee you that you would agree with me.

gilraldi
Star III
Anders is right tho, factory reset fix problems most of the time

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
gilraldi

Anders is right tho, factory reset fix problems most of the time

View post
I don't say it won't work. Its just not acceptable solution. If factory reset works, then it's software issue, then could be repaired by proper update.

bputra10bennypu
Star III
Kolorowezworki

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/47499#Comment_47499

I don't say it won't work. Its just not acceptable solution. If factory reset works, then it's software issue, then could be repaired by proper update.

View post
so i think what he mean, you buy this phone, but do not use it as your main phone, because you never know when and why your phone need to factory reset. Can you imagine buying a phone but yet you are so afraid to do anything with it like installing apps or games or even put a lot of data in there, because you never know when your phone will encounter bugs with factory reset solution.
This phone ARE NOT CHEAP once again, i am not spending this a lot of money just to be aware of factory reset.