This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling feature not supported in 6Z

sameerjc19
Star III
Dear Asus, shame on you today i got confirmation from your technical team that wifi calling feature will not be available for 6Z in any future updates because, it's hardware not supported that feature. Pethtic company shame on you i want my mony back.
15 REPLIES 15

Nanni
Star III
I think it's not about the hardware because it's already working in India for Jio. Not upto the standard but working nonetheless. So I think it's all about just carrier related issues or maybe country related.

prashanth
Rising Star II
Nanni

I think it's not about the hardware because it's already working in India for Jio. Not upto the standard but working nonetheless. So I think it's all about just carrier related issues or maybe country related.

View post
its not hardware,its working for jio i tried it using a code they posted in the thread and was working fine

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sameerjc19

Dear Asus, shame on you today i got confirmation from your technical team that wifi calling feature will not be available for 6Z in any future updates because, it's hardware not supported that feature. Pethtic company shame on you i want my mony back.

Wifi calling feature not supported in 6Z
The person from the technical team you spoke with has no idea what he/she's talking about. Only the fact that it was referred to as a hardware limitation is a testament to this. When it comes to features like VoWiFi, VoLTE and so on. It's about testing, paying fees and signing contracts.
We still don't know if 6Z will offer this feature or not. It could be that it will for some carriers but not all. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long until we have this information

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/16107/wifi-calling-feature-not-supported-in-6z

The person from the technical team you spoke with has no idea what he/she's talking about. Only the fact that it was referred to as a hardware limitation is a testament to this. When it comes to features like VoWiFi, VoLTE and so on. It's about testing, paying fees and signing contracts.

We still don't know if 6Z will offer this feature or not. It could be that it will for some carriers but not all. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long until we have this information

View post
@Anders_ASUS, does this mean that if at all vowifi comes to 6z, it might be restricted to certain operators? How about Vodafone India?

sameerjc19
Star III
Anders_ASUS mod
Dear Anders, in response of my complaint today i again received call from Asus technical support team they tolled me that due to hardware and software limitations 6Z not supported wifi calling feature and this this was third time i was getting same answer , now i am going to lodge case in consumer forum against Asus.