This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs need to be fixed ASAP!!

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Hello there, i have been using asus rog phone 2 for a month now and i have noticed the following bugs. Plz fix this ASAP
1. Network problem - when one of my sim signal gets weak the entire network collapse . I mean both sim 1, sim 2 along with wifi are refreshed due to which i have to be afk for 3 second which is entirely ruining my game and its really frustrating. You can also find other users facing same issues like on this forum https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/he...
2. Contacts - The merge contact number and names aren't working.
3. Air trigger - The ryt air trigger still flickers (occasionally not usually) And for the left ones i have to squeeze more hard to reach level 6-7 but it doesn't cross over level 7 and with the same force applied on ryt trigger it reaches level 10, Both airtrigger needs to be balanced in terms of force applied and flickering issue needs to be solved asap, for some users left trigger seems to be flickering.
4. SMS - Am using default sms app yet i dont receive any notifications when msgs arrives, but when i check inbox, the msg is received but i am not at all notified in notification panel neither do i get a hint that msg has arrived.
5. Vibrations - Well this doesn't sound like a problem for everyone but its my personal request. Has anyone noticed that when u received new phone and when u opened up app menu and scrolled down as fast as u can and the slider on ryt column hit the end line, the phone used to vibrate? I liked that feedback of vibrations but i see no more like it dissappeared on its own after 2 - 3 days. I liked playing with it tho :p. I would be happy if u work on it as well.
6. Notifications - for some apps i receive notification, but for other apps i dont receive any, like for an example google pay, i don't receive notifications in panel when someone sends me money.
7. Viper4android - could u plz add this? I like the speakers of these phones but i bet it would sound even better with Viper4android tweaks, we can enhance bass and etc, tho this is also my personal request. (i dont wanna root my phone just to get this on my device)
8. Fingerprint sensor - would you make it lil faster and more accurate in detection, bcuz i get twice or thrice the mismatch error per day(my hands are clean and i added fingerprint of both thumbs bcuz if ryt thumb doesn't work i open it with left) but its annoying 😞
9. Cpu throttling - this guy has already posted query regarding this issue so i don't have to mention anything https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13675/cpu-throttling-lag-on-games#latest
10. Armoury Crate - you have given us an option to manage cpu for each game, i tried setting performance to advanced and cpu to 2.42ghz, later i tried to reduce cpu to the lowest and when i launched the game and opened up game genie from left side, it still showed me cpu using 2.42ghz (i tried this on clash royale game btw)
Battery Status - battery status shows unknown, before it used to show time remaining.
And thats it, so far i noticed in this month
I have mentioned everything i could find out so u can work on it and provide us the best you can, thank you. 🙂
24 REPLIES 24

Swaraj
Rising Star II
cokadam

air triggers must be improved, and also vibration of air triggers should have an option to disable cuz it's too annoying for some users. I gave up to use air triggers just because of that and using third-party physical triggers instead.

View post
Mods are not even responding, i only bought this phone bcuz i liked its airtriggers and it has 4 wifi chips, tho wifi drivers also needs optimization, i have 20 mbps wifi, sometimes phone receives only 5-10mbps speed and when i restart phone and check again, then it gives me 20 mbps download speed.(my wifi doesn't suck) This issue is also occasionally not frequently tho, but still am unsatisfied.
Now that i know software sucks, am waiting for stable custom rom on xda to release, peace ?✌️
If asus really wants to compete with other flagships then they should better improve their softwares or else Republic of Gamer will be a joke one day

sewjesan
Star II
I figured out the supossed network reset issue, it seems the phone keeps switching back and forth between 2.4g and 5g signal when it detects them, only solution is to set the wireless router to one signal output only, so if you have all 5g capable devices then disable the 2.4g signal or vice versa. Been having the disconnect issue for ages, now there's no more disconnections.
With regards to the sms notification led, checking carefully you will see the led light up upon recieving SMS, but it just won't flash constantly. Proper bugged yes.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
sewjesan

I figured out the supossed network reset issue, it seems the phone keeps switching back and forth between 2.4g and 5g signal when it detects them, only solution is to set the wireless router to one signal output only, so if you have all 5g capable devices then disable the 2.4g signal or vice versa. Been having the disconnect issue for ages, now there's no more disconnections.

With regards to the sms notification led, checking carefully you will see the led light up upon recieving SMS, but it just won't flash constantly. Proper bugged yes.

View post
About sms notification ,in my case it wont light up neither i get notified about msges. but msg do arrive in inbox like a ghost.
and about network fix ,thx but how come other phones are not affected and this phone is affected by switches?
also another thing i want to know is , how are your airtriggers? does it flicker for you or not?
and about the armoury crate i mentioned ,did u try that?

Swaraj
Rising Star II
sewjesan

View post
thanks for the network issue fix ,but why arent other phones affected by network switches?
about sms in my case ,i wont get notified neither my led light up or blink, but the msg do appear in inbox like a ghost
and in your case does your airtrigger flicker ? is the applied force level balanced? or its just hardware issue on my phone
also about the armoury crate thing i mentioned does it happen with u?

Praj
Rising Star I
Playstore auto-updates over wifi doesn't work even though enabled