This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU THROTTLING / LAG ON GAMES

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Hello , so with the latest global .44 update i have been facing sudden lags on games which seemed very awkward at first than i used this app , which i always used to check thermal behaviour and is very dissatisfied with the experience.. The same app test "Cpu throttling test" has been done on my friends one plus 7t pro and on that the test doesn't gives such results , also the game performance is consistent compared to Rog 2.
App link -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=skynet.cputhrottlingtest
Please reply why is this ? Isn't Asus commited Rog 2 wouldn't throttle and would sustain the performance as compared to any other device ..
846V5Z084WLU.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Out of curiosity, I did another test for 15 minutes, with airplane mode on cuz anytime i got a notification or an ad on the app, it caused performance to dip a little. I'm seriously impressed that it didn't even cross the 45c mark
ADJC9V7V53SB.jpg
BQRTZTPKLYST.jpg
(Before and after the test)

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Mvarun

Out of curiosity, I did another test for 15 minutes, with airplane mode on cuz anytime i got a notification or an ad on the app, it caused performance to dip a little. I'm seriously impressed that it didn't even cross the 45c mark

ADJC9V7V53SB.jpg

BQRTZTPKLYST.jpg

(Before and after the test)

View post
Try doing it while gaming for 20-30 mins and also try without turning on X mode, i want to see both result 🙂

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Swaraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32452#Comment_32452

Try doing it while gaming for 20-30 mins and also try without turning on X mode, i want to see both result 🙂

View post

Whats the point of doing it while gaming? Its already using 95%+ cpu. But sure i'll do another 15 minutes without X mode on later.

OPC
Zen Master II
While playing Asphalt 9 (for hours) with all performance set to max, it uses CPU about 30% or even less, but GPU is engaged 96-99% all the time. It doesn't loose performance at all. It manages to get up to 64 fps put of s 69fps gsme

Mvarun
Rising Star I
OPC

While playing Asphalt 9 (for hours) with all performance set to max, it uses CPU about 30% or even less, but GPU is engaged 96-99% all the time. It doesn't loose performance at all. It manages to get up to 64 fps put of s 69fps gsme

View post
Oh wow. I thought it was locked at 60? When I tried ashpalt at 90hz it went to 61fps max, even when gpu usage was around 80%. But the game felt really jittery because the fps didn't match the refreshrate. It does occasionally drop to low 50s and on some serious cases as low as 40fps but other than that, its a good consistent 60fps.