This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer lawsuit against ASUS for update 31.0810.1226.128 which stopped the wifi from working

Devdutt
Star III
Anyone else have their wifi not work after an update from ASUS for their ROG 5S phone?
Why do we have to pay for repairs if it is ASUS's fault for pushing an update with known issue?
They will tell you all the bullshit troubleshooting steps like restart/ format, etc. and we have to go to service center who won't even understand the problem and charge for the phone repair + Take weeks to get back. Anyone else facing this issue please contact me, I am getting my lawyer to draft a complaint to consumer court in India and also let's see how we can force them to rectify this. Absolute bad testing team they have.

I had a Lamborghini Asus laptop, motherboard got fried twice, had to wait 1 month for replacement in 2008. I have Asus ROG dual screen laptop right now, its only 1.5 years old and the 'S' key stopped working due to heating issue. It only works when the laptop is hot. Like what shoddy work is that. I am never getting ASUS or recommending expensive ASUS products to anyone ever again.
55 REPLIES 55

Aaryl
Star II
Faced wifi issue in sep 2022 after wifi update. Luckily phone was under warranty. Service centre replaced motherboard. But they have reverted my phone to Android 11 and blocked software updates. Asus phones are crap. Let me know how to join the law suit. Never buying Asus phones again not gonna let others buy em.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Aaryl. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
Asus offers two methods for updating a phone's firmware: automatically and manually.
Please check the following link for details.
[Phone] How to update firmware on my phone? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalMay I know which method—if any—you are unable to update with, as opposed to both?
Thank you.

Shivam_G
Star III
@Devdutt Hello there, I'm facing the same issue. Just after a week my warranty expired my device WIFI & hotspot died. I restarted my device N nos. of time thinking it will be resolved. Also, tried some troubleshooting processes suggested by ASUS support but no luck. I have submitted by phone at service center & the same day evening they quoted me Rs. 54,000 for repairing which is more than the cost of device itself.
I'm in support with you against this fraud company who is just exploiting consumers for money, they are using cheap quality of material & technology for making there phone & selling it on huge amount saying Flagship premium phones.
I request you to contact me & send all the details till yet you have gathered.

SMIT_GAMER
Star III
@FunBike31 @Shivam G @Jiaszzz_ASUS

Brother too
The mobile came repaired for free and they said that they will fix it for free one time, but there will be no warranty or guarantee, I doubt they said that because they will do motherboard replacement genuine?

After replacing the motherboard of the mobile or after resetting the mobile, the software version update will come and if it is updated then after that the problem will not occur again !!
Means Software Issue / Hardware Issue ? / Does SD 888 cause new problems when it heats up ?
THANK YOU.

vamsikrisna
Star III
SMIT_GAMER

@FunBike31 @Shivam G @Jiaszzz_ASUS

Brother too

The mobile came repaired for free and they said that they will fix it for free one time, but there will be no warranty or guarantee, I doubt they said that because they will do motherboard replacement genuine?

After replacing the motherboard of the mobile or after resetting the mobile, the software version update will come and if it is updated then after that the problem will not occur again !!

Means Software Issue / Hardware Issue ? / Does SD 888 cause new problems when it heats up ?

THANK YOU.

View post
Mine did not get problem with wifi/hotspot with new board but you might lose simcard service after updating to latest firmware. I am saying coz mine lost simcard service disabled and it's again at service centre. Warranty ends in the next month.