xtomylee
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5s
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: permanently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My battery life is so bad that I can't even compare to my old ROG 2, which is 2 years or even more old, has much more apps installed, active services and so on, and battery lasts full day no problem.

This ROG 5s hardly lasts until I finish work, where I don't even use the phone so much.
In 4 hours I loose 30% of battery life..
What the hell ?

11 REPLIES 11

FunBike31
Community Legend I
How long have you had it?
Are all play store updates done?
Sent a screenshot of apps consumption (battery, battery usage)

xtomylee
Star II
FunBike31

How long have you had it?

Are all play store updates done?

Sent a screenshot of apps consumption (battery, battery usage)

View post
I have it for a month, but been using for 2 weeks or something.
I have no screen shot from 100% to low battery. But at this moment its like this.

xtomylee
Star II
An I'm using advanced profile.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
there are several battery consuming points
120 hz forced, in general use I do not understand the usefulness
Merged Mobile data with Wifi, serves in rare cases of bad public wifi otherwise it is useless with good Wifi
In addition it is here in 5G enable, if the 5G is bad or there is none the system is stupid, it constantly consumes battery by looking for it
The syncho is activated for background applications, it is practical but deadly for the battery
The consumption of my messenger is ridiculous compared to yours, in 1 hour it does not even appear in my consumption.
Hey TikTOK 4% in 9 min!!!! I don't have but an application that consumes 4% in less min it's immediate uninstallation, it's not normal, more than any game, check your background sync and check that the system detects the abnormal consumption of applications

xtomylee
Star II
FunBike31

there are several battery consuming points

120 hz forced, in general use I do not understand the usefulness

Merged Mobile data with Wifi, serves in rare cases of bad public wifi otherwise it is useless with good Wifi

In addition it is here in 5G enable, if the 5G is bad or there is none the system is stupid, it constantly consumes battery by looking for it

The syncho is activated for background applications, it is practical but deadly for the battery

The consumption of my messenger is ridiculous compared to yours, in 1 hour it does not even appear in my consumption.

Hey TikTOK 4% in 9 min!!!! I don't have but an application that consumes 4% in less min it's immediate uninstallation, it's not normal, more than any game, check your background sync and check that the system detects the abnormal consumption of applications

View post
Yes i can disable everything and it will last full day, but then why did i paid 1k euro for peace of brick? My rog2 handles everything with dying batter much better compared to rog5s...