Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

Aryan202
Community Legend I
1947msr

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21797#Comment_21797

Intensive quality control, testing and inspections ???

What a joke, every asus flagship has serious hardware issue

1. Asus zenfone 5z, no network problem, solution is change the motherboard

2. Asus 6z camera autorotate problem and multiple reboot after software update and solution again change the motherboard

3. Asus rog 1 internally broken screen- check forum

4. Asus rog 2, display red tint at lower brightness

You are only giving excuses and not accepting your fault, everytime, if someone has doubt, then check the old forum and new forum both

View post
Every OEM has quality control issues
You can't blame Asus for that .
Also try visiting any other forum it'll be a mess and that's perfectly normal imo.
Of all the bathes they manufacture there is a high probability of a faulty batch .
But the thing is that at last Asus replaced motherboards for both 5z and 6z for free after accepting it's a hardware issue.

1947msr
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/21898#Comment_21898

Every OEM has quality control issues

You can't blame Asus for that .

Also try visiting any other forum it'll be a mess and that's perfectly normal imo.

Of all the bathes they manufacture there is a high probability of a faulty batch .

But the thing is that at last Asus replaced motherboards for both 5z and 6z for free after accepting it's a hardware issue.

View post
No dear, free motherboard replacement only for under warranty zenfone 5z, not for out of warranty
And zenfone 6 is a new device so fall under warranty

ishaan_gupta10
Star III
Im getting the same problem. Is it the software issue or the panel issue? please confirm..!!

ag_954gupta
Star III
ishaan.gupta10

Im getting the same problem. Is it the software issue or the panel issue? please confirm..!!

View post
Its a panel issue.

jardersoter
Star I
Does this issue occur in tencent version or global version?