Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

neohackr
Star II
0PA6XCOXDHOS.jpg
I also have similar issue..rog 2 is on the right side and look at the difference and its completely red..very poor quality.. spending this much amount and getting device like this...

ag_954gupta
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20972#Comment_20972

It's not a defect. This is just how the panel behaves at very low brightness. You can expect this kind of performance for the life of the device at very low brightness, but it will not "spread" or create different issues.

This a matter of taste and whether or not the low brightness tinting matters to you. I tend to use my phones around 60-80% brightness at all times, so I wouldn't have even been aware of this issue unless it was pointed out to me.

View post
Well guess what, the replacement arrived and it has the same issue of red tint.

mamayankag
Rising Star I
neohackr

0PA6XCOXDHOS.jpg

I also have similar issue..rog 2 is on the right side and look at the difference and its completely red..very poor quality.. spending this much amount and getting device like this...

View post
@LP_ASUS This is definitely an issue. I have used phones having AMOLED screens and never faced such an issue. Kindly request you provide an appropriate response. We are confused between whether it's a hardware issue or a software based one.
This issue is very prominent on some devices while slight on others. Your previous response stating that you tend to use more than 50-60% brightness most of the time is a personal choice and does not indicate that it's not an issue.
We have certain expectations from any OEM and keeping a unit free of manufacturing defects is one of OEM's responsibility.
What is the point of claiming to have one of the best colour accuracies, or deltaE < 1 if there are such issues.

Subhendu
Rising Star I
@LP_ASUS I am also facing the same issue . Please do let us know it is a fixable issue or not . Because spending around 40k this is not the expectations.

sabujbarman
Star I
@LP_ASUS i am also facing same issue. don't understand it's hardware or software problem. mine one is tencent version.