Kivaan
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.57
Rooted or not: Not rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous

Good day.
I have contacted Asus in various locations (North America, India, Korea, China).
My phone has several issues, including:
A) Not charging correctly,
B) USB port not being recognise when connected to a pc,
C) Restarting and staying off when trying to charge,
D) WIFI not working. At all.

I have factory reset the phone and the problems persist.
I have contacted these various locations and the support thereon and they have all directed me to contact China (Place of Origin) as the warranty is a local warranty for them only.
However, I do not live in China and to have the phone repaired it needs to be shipped there and taken into ASUS (BY HAND) which is not possible for me (told to me directly from China ASUS).
I am willing to repair and pay out of pocket regardless of the warranty, however I need someone who can receive the phone via package (posting).
Please help.

Kind regards
Kivaan

15 REPLIES 15

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Kivaan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207599#Comment_207599

Can you direct me to any of these "unofficial" repair centres?

View post
I had same issues as you ln A12. PC would no longer recognize the phone when plugged in via USB. A horrible uodate6, absolute dog 💩💩💩💩

Kivaan
Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207707#Comment_207707

I had same issues as you ln A12. PC would no longer recognize the phone when plugged in via USB. A horrible uodate6, absolute dog 💩💩💩💩

View post
Currently having the same problem.
Had to transfer all my data by bluetooth....took an entire week.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Kivaan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207713#Comment_207713

Currently having the same problem.

Had to transfer all my data by bluetooth....took an entire week.

View post
Yep, I feel your pain. Asus came out with what I have to say is the most useless and pathetic update. I had to buy an SD card , plug it into the phone with adaptor and transfer like that, took around 7 hours. What a joke. Asus are worse than dog 💩
A12:
Rubbish Battery life
Laggy UI
Can't connect to laptop/PC
Horrible green colour in all themes
Phone temperature is higher
If you make changes to power management settings/auto start manager & restart the device, the settings get changed back so you have to them all over again
Horrible wifi connection
Horrible mobile signal
These are some of the issues I encountered. There will obviously be more.
Asus, you are pathetic. An absolute Joke. Eagerly waiting for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro so I can bin this Asus rubbish. I would rather bin it & lose money rather than sell it to someone & make them waste their money.
I would call Asus Trash, but I wouldn't want to insult my garbage.

Kivaan
Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207715#Comment_207715

Yep, I feel your pain. Asus came out with what I have to say is the most useless and pathetic update. I had to buy an SD card , plug it into the phone with adaptor and transfer like that, took around 7 hours. What a joke. Asus are worse than dog 💩

A12:

Rubbish Battery life

Laggy UI

Can't connect to laptop/PC

Horrible green colour in all themes

Phone temperature is higher

If you make changes to power management settings/auto start manager & restart the device, the settings get changed back so you have to them all over again

Horrible wifi connection

Horrible mobile signal

These are some of the issues I encountered. There will obviously be more.

Asus, you are pathetic. An absolute Joke. Eagerly waiting for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro so I can bin this Asus rubbish. I would rather bin it & lose money rather than sell it to someone & make them waste their money.

I would call Asus Trash, but I wouldn't want to insult my garbage.

View post
I appreciate your sentiment in this rather frustrating time....
I wish I thought of the sd card sooner haha would have saved me some time.
My biggest issue is the inability for the to repair out of warranty via delivery. You HAVE TO hand deliver if it is a local warranty and to that specific location. No warranty? Sorry we can't repair. Full stop.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Kivaan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207722#Comment_207722

I appreciate your sentiment in this rather frustrating time....

I wish I thought of the sd card sooner haha would have saved me some time.

My biggest issue is the inability for the to repair out of warranty via delivery. You HAVE TO hand deliver if it is a local warranty and to that specific location. No warranty? Sorry we can't repair. Full stop.

View post
Take it as a lesson. I highly recommend you go for the new Huawei Mate 50 Pro when it's released or the Black Shark 5 pro, Red magic phones are brilliant too. Asus is going down the drain, exactly where it belongs