cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Patch Level

Blumi
Rising Star II
Hi there,
When will we receive the new Android Security Patch Level? I'm still with November 2021
41 REPLIES 41

joerund
Star III
Have switched to iPhone (sad and for the for the first time) a few weeks ago. So happy to use the speaker, volte and over all an amazing phone and not have to deal with this.

landsome
Rising Star II
Vinz_uk80

Same disappointment here.

Still have my Pixel 5 next to Zenfone 8. Pixel 5 received all patches Nov, Dec, Jan and yesterday Feb 2022.

Hopefully Asus will update it shortly...

Appart from this, very happy with my Zenfone 8. With battery saver in dev options, battery life is not far from Pixel 5. With light use, 2 days easy with not much data but wifi.

Camera wise, with Gcam, it's very close to P5. Sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse. Stock cam has less details, and colors are less accurate. But definitively not bad 😉

Performance is too much for my need, S765G is already enough on Pixel 5 for my light use. But really like compact devices, and getting this Zenfone 8 at 499€ in 8/256Go was a no brainer for me.

Please Asus, push at least 1 security patch 1 month on 2...

View post
Pretty much the same experience as you (I also have an S10e besides the P5), minus the disappointment. Asus has been doing very well with updates until now, minus this mysterious A12 OTA delay. I trust they will do so in the future.
In fact, Google ruined the P5 for me with A12: vibrate-only mode hidden from bar (I would often forget the phone is in this mode), hidden alarm notification, and the new wifi quick toggle sealed the deal for me in favor of the Z8. I had already favored the latter for its limit to charging the battery (80-90%), a real phone speaker, an audio jack and a notification led, but now it's no competition really. (Too bad, I loved the P5 on A11.)
As for the S10e, it got the official A12 in December and an update in January. Samsung is not messing around.

Blumi
Rising Star II
andreescul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204041#Comment_204041

Pretty much the same experience as you (I also have an S10e besides the P5), minus the disappointment. Asus has been doing very well with updates until now, minus this mysterious A12 OTA delay. I trust they will do so in the future.

In fact, Google ruined the P5 for me with A12: vibrate-only mode hidden from bar (I would often forget the phone is in this mode), hidden alarm notification, and the new wifi quick toggle sealed the deal for me in favor of the Z8. I had already favored the latter for its limit to charging the battery (80-90%), a real phone speaker, an audio jack and a notification led, but now it's no competition really. (Too bad, I loved the P5 on A11.)

As for the S10e, it got the official A12 in December and an update in January. Samsung is not messing around.

View post
Same here. I'm enjoying the better battery life with my Zenfone and android 12 works fine. I am just missing the security Patch.

gosu38
Star III
Securite updates and Asus it is a joke. Much older Samsung S10 have fresher updates. No more Asus!

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Blumi I'll paste the same comment I made in a different thread on the same subject, concerning Zenfone 8 A11:
We are currently keeping the Zenfone 8 Android 12 FOTA rollout on hold, after receiving reports of system issues encountered by some users. Our team is currently hard at work resolving these issues, and we plan to resume the FOTA process as soon as we have a more stable version ready for distribution.
Depending on how long this takes, we will roll out another A11 update with the latest Android security patch.
For users that want to manually update their devices to Android 12, we provide a manual update file on the Zenfone 8 support web page: https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_BIOS/
(If you run into any issues after upgrading your device to Android 12, please refer to the downgrade package that can be found on the support web page. Please make sure to backup any personal data before you start the downgrade process.)