This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Trawar
Star III
Charging limit was set to 80% on my device

habaratschi
Star I
It's a pity. I was on the verge of buying two Zenfone 8s - one for me and one for my mother. Then I heard of the ram dump issue. Now I am waiting for a statement from Asus, but it doesn't look like this is gonna happen.
If there were alternatives I wouldn't even bother to wait, but unfortunately Asus is the only manufacturer that put a decent smartphone on the market that is somewhat compact (okay, besides the Pixel 5 which I find overpriced).
I hate Apple. But I'm starting to seriously consider buying an iPhone. Funnily enough, I wouldn't even be sure whether to buy the smallest (Mini) or one of the larger ones - which are still more compact than any other Android phone. *Facepalm

jennebumke
Star III
daniel91m

image.png

At the moment, 33 people with a problem appeared on the zentalk forum + 1 person from 8flip + 2 people from xda forum. I've also personally seen comments about the bug under review videos in the local language, but I am not able to verify if it is not a double, so I do not add them to the statement.

August = 11 cases,

September = 20 cases

October = 4 cases (only the beginning of the month)

Little information on production dates

2021.04 = 4

2021.04-05 = 1

2021.05 = 7

Asus I am impressed! @Gustav_ASUS is there a sufficient number of cases to make a statement? People are furious and I hope they won't let you go.

P.S. The data with the dates is still listed, so if someone wants to share, I invite you.

View post
production was 05.2021 for mine

jennebumke
Star III
ZT-0250335e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192198#Comment_192198

Honestly I love mine. I never had any issues with it before. I love everything in it from the size, quality, launcher, function, camera, everything.

That is why I am asking if anyone got it back already from service and it does work well since?

View post
I can commence by saying that my phone returned around mid-september, and I am still using it. I noticed that it doesn't get as hot and the fingerprint seems less responsive. Still enjoying the phone, and so far I haven't seen anyone have the issue for a 2nd time. So when you have it back, it should be a great phone. Also android 12 full release is expected around december. With loads of beta testers having sacrificed their phone to work out the bugs, unlike oneplus which will get android 12 this month most likely. I think we can be happy with our zenfone, if the issue stays gone forever.

Kimi32
Star III
daniel91m

@Gustav_ASUS I have a few questions (public, not private):

1. Do you know the cause of damage to phones (motherboards)? the topic is also known on the xda forum, it is not a single case (statistically, only some users wrote something about it on the internet)

2. Have the mainboards or other responsible components been improved in the next, newer series? Are the phones repaired on the same components as before the repair?

3. Are there global problems with the availability of spare parts at present?

I am waiting for your sincere reply and best regards

View post
Yes. We have some same cases in Taiwan, and in some of shopping wetsites, have been pushing the huge discount on 16g/256g model that sold only on NT19990. Approximately equal to USD $ 699. However, Asus seem not find the root cause for this issue. Of course ,the special price definitely does not attract me nothing!!! Who is willing to keep this damn phone as our secretary!!