Did you mean: 

Can't download MMS or send !

Snake_Plissken
Star III
Need help ! I had this problem from day 1 ! , You guys need to fix this
24 REPLIES 24

fredde_g_95
Star II
Same here, it works like a charm when on wi-fi. As soon i turn it of then i cant send or recive.
A patch for this plz.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
foxxtrot

Hi everyone I've had my rog for about a month now and I've had the same problem with MMS not downloading. I just fixed mine. I went into settings /network and internet /mobile network /access point names/ optusmms/ and changed the Apn protocol and Apn roaming protocol both from ipv4 to ipv4/ipv6 went up to the ... at the top of the access bar And saved the setting. I have no idea what the Apn settings do but I've just been able to download the MMS messages from the past weeks. Hope this works for you also. Edit.. Its not fixed. Can only send and receive if connected to WiFi not mobile data alone.

View post
I had this exact issue with my ZenFone 7,it drove me nuts trying this and that, again and again and again. I finally gave up and purchased a new Sim card ( I'm on prepaid) and haven't had a problem since. In my case the Sim card somehow was corrupted.
Don't now if this helps anyone but I just wanted to let you guys know.
PS the strange thing is when I put the old Sim card in my wife's Nokia G10 it would work until the last time I tried it and then it simply wouldn't work in either phone so I went shopping for a new Sim card

foxxtrot
Star I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191353#Comment_191353

I had this exact issue with my ZenFone 7,it drove me nuts trying this and that, again and again and again. I finally gave up and purchased a new Sim card ( I'm on prepaid) and haven't had a problem since. In my case the Sim card somehow was corrupted.

Don't now if this helps anyone but I just wanted to let you guys know.

PS the strange thing is when I put the old Sim card in my wife's Nokia G10 it would work until the last time I tried it and then it simply wouldn't work in either phone so I went shopping for a new Sim card

View post
Thanks for the idea, I am also on pre paid but would be about 5 years old now. the $2 for a new one and get my number ported to that would be worth a try.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
foxxtrot

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191456#Comment_191456

Thanks for the idea, I am also on pre paid but would be about 5 years old now. the $2 for a new one and get my number ported to that would be worth a try.

View post
My Port from ALDI Took less than an hour and for The$2 au it cost me I'd wished I had tried it earlier. It doesn't mean it's going to work for you but for a couple of bucks it at least gives you something new to try instead of resetting your APN &OS again and again

Sallad
Star II
I have the same problem with Telenor. My Telenor SIM works with my old Samsung phone. My wife Tre SIM card works fine with my Zenfone 8. So my problem is only the combo of Zenfone 8 and Telenor.
APN seems to be correct and I have reset the phone. Still doesn't work.