This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE!!

Vismay
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Day 1 Of The Problem: (19 August, 2021)
My ASUS ROG Phone 5 was delivered to me on 5th June. I took extremely good care of it. While I was gaming today, it turned off all of a sudden. It wasn't even warm at the moment. I remember the battery was well over 50%. There is not even a single scratch on it and it has no physical damage or has never been dropped ever. I tried rebooting. 

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button. None of em worked. 

Plugged in the charger, the led indicator was also not working. 

I almost had an heart attack. I read on Asus rog forum that other owners of this device is also facing the same issue. Those of who faced it early, had it returned and those who faced later like me had to send to service center. As I read it's a faulty motherboard on this device. I am not sure though. I have applied for a pick up & drop repair service. It will take well over 25 days to get it repaired. My question is I paid 58 thousand rs for a device I can play games on and have fun not this headache.
I am a YouTuber, so I bought it to make high quality content. But this was not what I was expecting. It's been only 2 months since I got it for God's sake. 
It's under warranty so let's see what happens. I'll keep it updated. God bless me. ASUS ROG don't disappoint me any further.

Update 1 : Day 2 Of The Problem: (20 August, 2021)

I went to my local ASUS Service Centre. They checked my phone for any physical damage, since it's in pristine condition with only minor scratches on the tempered glass, they took it to send to the service station in Kolkata. It's about 200km from where I live. I had to sign a document stating some terms & condition. After all the paper work, I was informed it'll take around 10 days and I'll be notified via message and email the entire time and I can even track my device as it go. So that's preety neat. Let's see what'll happen next. I'll update as I get more info.

Some images for reference:

screenshot-2021-08-20-13-57-35-383-com-miui-gallery.jpg
screenshot-2021-08-20-13-56-29-978-com-miui-gallery.jpg

64 REPLIES 64

Senku758
Star II
Vismay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182264#Comment_182264

I think the same will be the case with my device as well. I'd suggest ask them to check for other functions as well and thoroughly check the device so no such bugs occur in the future for the safe keeping of your device.

Can you tell me which country you're from and when you submitted your device for the repair? I'd appreciate the intel.

View post
I am from Mumbai, india and I submitted the device on 19th AUG.
ALso see this...
error-in-app.jpeg
This error in application thing pops up every now and then when I am using this....Sometimes it happens when I am doing a squadwipe in pubg, which is really annoyinh because until I press ok or cancel it doesn't go. In the above screen shot, you can see I was typing for the tweet and it popped up.

Vismay
Star III
Senku758

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182476#Comment_182476

I am from Mumbai, india and I submitted the device on 19th AUG.

ALso see this...

error-in-app.jpeg

This error in application thing pops up every now and then when I am using this....Sometimes it happens when I am doing a squadwipe in pubg, which is really annoyinh because until I press ok or cancel it doesn't go. In the above screen shot, you can see I was typing for the tweet and it popped up.

View post
I am from India too. This looks like a software a issue to me. You can try backing up your data and factory resetting the phone. That should solve the issue.

ahm4dridwan06
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182526#Comment_182526

As explained on my video, your phone will likely die again. As you pointed out, it's proably a hardware issue. Even if you stop updates, which is a bad idea as you will be vulnurable to cyber attacks, it will still die.

View post
Thank you, would you give me the link to ur video?🙏🙏

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ahm4dridwan06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182574#Comment_182574

Thank you, would you give me the link to ur video?🙏🙏

View post

i like how my likebar turned from 11 dislikes 3 likes to 14 likes and 5 dislikes over time.

Senku758
Star II
Senku758

Same thing happened to yesterday.

My phone was dead when i woke up. So I put it on charging, when it was around 14%, I switched it on, It was acting normal until then, but after the rog logo flashed, it suddenly turned pitch black, not even charging LED was blinking.

It was a mini heart attack. I went to the asus service center, there were a little scratches on the phone, so they were telling me the display must be broken from inside, we have to open it and check. I am pretty sure, its not the display issue. becuz I had taken extreme care of it. and come on its gg victus dude.

But, the service center guy did something on my phone, and it went to the recovery mode like thing, i don't know what it was, but the display was working fine. So I guess, Its just a bad update, which was automatically installed overnight. But the service center guy, still insisted that he wants to open and check it, it was too fishy, but i had no option so I submitted the phone there. They will give me an update today.

Update: Aug 20 (1 Day after submitting my ROG5 in the service center)

I called them today and asked if they diagnosed my phone, and if any issue was found. They told me, Its related to the motherboard, display is working fine. We have ordered a new motherboard. It will take 4-5 days and they will call me once its done.

View post
Update:
On 24 Aug, They called me and told me that my phone is fixed and you can collect it anytime. So, went there on 25th Aug, He handed my phone over to me, It was working. Thank god.
But, then I downloaded Phone Doctor Plus app, for those who don't know, this app checks for every possible sensor and hardware if they are working or not. Its like the benchmark test app. After which I noted that, Finger print scanner is not working, So I told this to service center person. He went inside with my phone, I was sitting there for half-n-hour and then he came back and told me, this is the first time I have taken ROG5, and your finger print scanner needs to be re-calibrated. I said ok but how much time it will take, he told me more 2-4 days. I was like shit man, Even I know that he messed up something because fingerprint calibration doesn't take that much time. He did something more worst to my phone, but what could I do, I told him to repair that asap.
Update: 26 Aug
I just had a discussion with the guy in service center, I asked him what happened, He told me he needs to flash an old firmware and try calibrating the fingerprint scanner because he couldn't do it on the latest firmware. So I asked him how much time it will take, he told me its downloading, its a 4GB file etc. I told him, ok give me the link i will download it, he said these are official links, We can't give it to you and other shitty stuff. He told me we download from taiwan server and the server is down, I can't trust this guy now. This is just insane.