System: Windows 10 64bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: GL702VM
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
=====================
Detailed description:
My keyboard suddenly stopped working. Been using external Bluetooth keyboard for the longest time and then one time I tried to use the built in keyboard again and it doesn't work anymore.
The only key that works is the Power button, ROG button and when I press the FN button + the FN keys (F1-F12). Other than that it doesn't work.
The backlight is still working. Never dropped or spilled anything on it as well.
I've tried all below troubleshooting steps I know and read online but it still doesn't work.
Uninstalled / reinstalled the driver
Updated the driver automatically (latest driver installed)
Updated the driver manually (downloaded driver from Asus)
Tried the windows keyboard troubleshooter (no issue found)
Enabled/disabled "Use Filter Keys"
Disabled "Cortona" from Task Manager (End task)
Enabled/Run TextServicesFramework from Task Scheduler
Run the "c:\windows\system32\cftmon.exe"
What I noticed though is that on the device manager, the keyboard device is somehow always hidden. And the only compatible keyboard hardware shown is the PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
If I unticked the Show compatible hardware, then I can see the HID Keyboard and Standard PS/2. I tried to install them but it will prompt me that it is not a recommended or compatible device. When I continue to install them it ask me to restart to complete the changes but after restart it still only shows PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key).
If I use the external keyboard, I plugged in the Bluetooth USB receiver, then the keyboard device will show up on the device manager and it actually shows/use the HID keyboard.
I have not tried resetting the Laptop yet as I'm hoping I can resolve it without resetting the laptop first.
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
andrewlee_888

Hi Raju,

That part I have not tried yet. I will give it a try later. If ever it works under BIOS or/and Safe mode, what could be the issue then? And if it doesn't work, does it confirm it's a hardware issue then?

Thank you!

View post
If Keyboard works under bios means, then keyboard hardware issue is not present
it might be another issue with corrupted related drivers.