This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad issues

tan_bisnar
Star I
Hi..I'm new here and not really the techy type, but hoping for answers.
I bought a zenbook 14 ux435EG just this May. Everything was fine but after some system updates from windows, I can't seem to tap on the apps on the screenpad.
When I turn on the laptop, the screenpad turns on, the apps can be seen, but when I try to tap or use the screen, it's as if the screenpad functions as a mere motion sensor. On screenpad mode (F6), what I get is a gray pointer instead. The mousepointer vanishes.
32 REPLIES 32

Vasileios_KK
Star II
Hi Team!
I have gotten some great news! I found this video on youtube. Another Asus user had the same problem and found the solution.

"Help!! My Screenpad 2.0 Stopped Working! Here is how I fixed mine." By "Asus Vivobook and Screenpad Tips & Tricks" (sorry but I'm new thus I cannot post links yet)
At first, I was hesitant to attempt but I decided to take my risks. As a result, my screenpad is working again! Actually, it's a typical uninstallation of ScreenXpert/MyAsus apps and reinstallation of those along with some drivers in a specific sequence.
Blake, please confirm this is the official solution as well for future reference.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Vasileios KK

Hi Team!

I have gotten some great news! I found this video on youtube. Another Asus user had the same problem and found the solution.

"Help!! My Screenpad 2.0 Stopped Working! Here is how I fixed mine." By "Asus Vivobook and Screenpad Tips & Tricks" (sorry but I'm new thus I cannot post links yet)

At first, I was hesitant to attempt but I decided to take my risks. As a result, my screenpad is working again! Actually, it's a typical uninstallation of ScreenXpert/MyAsus apps and reinstallation of those along with some drivers in a specific sequence.

Blake, please confirm this is the official solution as well for future reference.

View post
Hi there,
The step is the same as the FAQ I mentioned previously.
[Notebook] How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS notebook...But Edward said it does not work for him. Not sure about you. Please kindly try.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Just double confirming.
Does running the Screenpad 2 Optimizer help to bring the screenpad back to work?
Thank you.

Vasileios_KK
Star II
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176500#Comment_176500

Hi there,

The step is the same as the FAQ I mentioned previously.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344/

But Edward said it does not work for him. Not sure about you. Please kindly try.

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake!

Yes my screen pad works fine! Even with the latest updates from Windows Update panel.
Let's hope the others have their laptop fixed as well!

edwardpodesta
Star I
Hiya,
have just used the optimizer, and that fixes it. I didn't try it before because my screenpad is version 1. Maybe want to change the name of the tool, if it works with v.1 and v.2?

thanks all - good to have this working properly.