This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery life

robjohnharvey
Star II
Hello, firstly I'm very happy with the new ZenFone 8 in general except for 2 major issues.
First is that there's no WiFi calling, this I've mentioned on another post, please sort this asap for UK EE.
The second however is that from 90% to 5% battery I'm only getting around 2/3hrs of screen on time. Now because I've no signal in my house, hence requesting WiFi calling, this is definitely having an effect. However, even when at work all day and coming back late I still barely get over 3hrs if I'm lucky. I make about 1 to 2hrs of calls, but it's supposed to do so much better, please help.
Any support would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
7 REPLIES 7

robjohnharvey
Star II
Thought I'd leave some screenshots. Mobile standby is rinsing the battery.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
They much improved screen off consumption with last update 30.11.51.57. My consumption is under 20mA, before was 25-30mA (4G and wifi always connected).

robjohnharvey
Star II
pipsss81

They much improved screen off consumption with last update 30.11.51.57. My consumption is under 20mA, before was 25-30mA (4G and wifi always connected).

View post
I've already got this version. My mobile standby drain is more than my screen drain.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
robjohnharvey

Thought I'd leave some screenshots. Mobile standby is rinsing the battery.

screenshot-20210608-233542406.jpg

screenshot-20210608-233537910.jpg

View post
As you mention it seems you have zero reception in your home, not even 2G?
While we are working on getting VoLTE enabled with operators in UK, VoWifi is a separate topic and requires almost equal effort - and in particular also requires cooperation from the operators themselves.
If , for whatever reason, you cannot get a mobile signal in your home with Zenfone 8 and VoWIFI is a must-have, I would suggest checking with your reseller to return the device as we do not know a clear timeline for any of these items (as they are stricly speaking also beyond only ASUS control).

As for high drain, it is likely , as you already narrowed down, due to no signal - the device is searching for signal continously. Try putting the device on airplane mode when at home and see if the situation improves?