cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Trawar

Hey There,

on my phone there is no settings to enable wifi call.

My Provider in Germany does support it.

If I use my Sim Card in my Galaxy S9+ it works great.

Unfortunately i can´t enable it on my zenfone due to the missing button.

Latest Sofetware updates are installed.

Any Idea?

View post
It is most likely due to your operator not confirming validation on our device - and not a software defect in that sense. We dont enable VoLTE/VoWifi or any operator-related settings without technical assurance.. and this can take a long time.

edddd
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167505#Comment_167505

It is most likely due to your operator not confirming validation on our device - and not a software defect in that sense. We dont enable VoLTE/VoWifi or any operator-related settings without technical assurance.. and this can take a long time.

View post
This is a bothersome waste of time for such a basic feature. Why not provide an override that users can test themselves? Especially, when rooting the ASUS devices makes it "just work"...

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
edddd

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167537#Comment_167537

This is a bothersome waste of time for such a basic feature. Why not provide an override that users can test themselves? Especially, when rooting the ASUS devices makes it "just work"...

View post
The nature of validation is that it ensures working in all main conditions - not just reception or calling. Emergency calling, and a bunch of other things.

A "simple override" may work, most of the time, or some of the time, for most or some, and so on.. for those who then run into trouble, it also becomes a problem.

With that said, we are continously adding VoLTE support together with operators.
For example the latest update added VoLTE to Telia in Lithania and ICE in Norway , to the list of supported operators/countries.

tomyp38
Star I
Hi There,
Same problem. I'm two SIM cards, private, and company. Virgin Mobile ( MNVO owned by Play) and Orange. Both are Polish providers, and there is no Volte on any od those cards, but what is even worse, there is no HD Voice. When I'm calling someone, there is a switch from 4g++ to 3g. Quality is really poor. People asking me if I'm talking with them over headphones or is my phone broken ? I'm very supriced that brand new flagship phone can't support common and really basic technology as HD Voice is. Please improve software. I made some research and that is a fact that very few models supports Volte in Poland, but 98% devices supports HD Voice. Please again improve software.

Best
Tomasz

edddd
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167542#Comment_167542

The nature of validation is that it ensures working in all main conditions - not just reception or calling. Emergency calling, and a bunch of other things.

A "simple override" may work, most of the time, or some of the time, for most or some, and so on.. for those who then run into trouble, it also becomes a problem.

With that said, we are continously adding VoLTE support together with operators.

For example the latest update added VoLTE to Telia in Lithania and ICE in Norway , to the list of supported operators/countries.

View post
I have a suspicion that sometimes the connections actually do not work because VoLTE is missing and the carrier does not even expect a phone that doesn't support it these days... Today I had to restart my Zenfone 7 (yes, older model, but whatever, it's nearly identical to 8 Flip) or I wouldn't hear anything. The call quality was bad compared to my old phone after restart which never ever had issues with incoming connections. You can delay this, but there will be trouble eventually regardless. Either it won't work with VoLTE or it won't work without it. I read somewhere that non-VoLTE calling might get phased out some places on Earth.