Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Happened once for now
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20210409-214717564-1.jpg
Playing Genshin Impact with X Mode + level 3 attached with aeroactive 5 cooler with Bypass charging mode (using original rog phone 5 Charger adapter + usb)
Suddenly a loud notification alarmed, i didn't know what happened, so after few minutes close the game and back to home screen, see notification pop out as the picture.
This is very unexpected, a Gaming Rog Phone overheated? Would really appreciate if Moderator can help explain what does the picture notification actually mean?
should I actually bring the phone to Asus Service Center? does it actually break my gaming phone because i gaming on it?
18 REPLIES 18

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162133#Comment_162133

Return the device or get it to the service center ASAP. As I already mentioned above, this error has been seen on the rog2 and has caused tons of dead devices. if you head to the rog2 subforum you'll see tons of "black screen" topics due to underspecced pm8150 chip. Don't let others BS you and don't go for comprimise, if the phone starts spamming error messages or acts up because you're using it as a gaming phone then something is clearly wrong. I'm not saying the rog5 has the exact same issue as the rog2, but that the error you're seeing is a indicator that something will break sooner or later.

View post
i think about it, but i feel it still too early to say this is an faulty device, it's not even use the device for 1 week yet, the pop out warning message only happen once and nothing happen since then.
i lower the graphic a 'little bit' for genshin, played 1 hour of genshin without charging, within 45-50 degree celsius consistently and everything seem normal though.
I would rather use this phone to game, daily driver usage, for 1 month and monitor if there any unusual behavior again.

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Thunder Demon

That pop up is normal I've seen that on many recent phones including last rog phones it's just to inform you to let the phone cool down for a bit

OnePlus 9 pro too displays similar error of "please close the app" after just using 4k 60 for 10-15 min and while using their fast charging sometimes

And considering you played an hour or two on the highest possible settings in a game like genshin that's normal

And as for your aero active cooler part it does unlock level 3 and X mode + performance and cooling wise it's okay and kinda works but still not the best available cooler

I like the headphone jack port,the additional two buttons and the kickstand on it though

View post
thanks for the info, i feel it kidda normal too and it is a good sign of warning to let me nt over using beyond its durability.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Slnn3R

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162150#Comment_162150

thanks for the info, i feel it kidda normal too and it is a good sign of warning to let me nt over using beyond its durability.

View post
Pretty sure you made the entire rog2 forum facepalm but whatever, will be interesting to see when the device is dead and you have to fight the service center for warranty repair.
kartik10212@gmail.com

I am facing shutdown issues.

My device switches off automatically at 38 degrees temperature.

I've tried downgrading and resetting. It didn't help.

Went to service center they say it will cost around 25k.

Any solutions??

Random shutdowns
For more of these visit the:
ROG Phone 2
But by all means, wait it out, it'll be a fun ride.

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162154#Comment_162154

Pretty sure you made the entire rog2 forum facepalm but whatever, will be interesting to see when the device is dead and you have to fight the service center for warranty repair.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46864/random-shutdowns

For more of these visit the:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/rog-phone2

But by all means, wait it out, it'll be a fun ride.

View post
chill, i kidda new to these phone, since i come from pixel 2 xl phone and using it in a very light performance manner, i just not well-informed or have any experience in the 1st hand about these matters.
anyway, thanks for you information though, warranty claim is pretty easy to handle in my country Asus Service Center, i guess i fine if something did happened, if this phone really a faulty one died after 1 year where the warranty also end,
gotta treat this my 1st high end phone purchase experience, do a better decision next time.
even though i still doubt this phone will died or become faulty in the coming 2 years, i guess time will tell, either i remain in Rog phone next gen phone or i just went back to Google next gen phone. simple.

p.s. just played genshin for another 1-2 hrs with some minor downgrade of graphic option, in xmode+ lvl3, with aero active 5 cooler and in bypass charging mode.
the temperature maintain in 50-55degree celsius, the error doesn't pop out anymore. I guess previous 55-60 degree celsius 2 hrs gaming session might really just too much.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162120#Comment_162120

Lots of bs from your side once again.

Almost all rog2 phones are affected by this issue due to the fact of an underspecced pm8150 chip that will die over time. This issue has been found rather late in the rog2's lifecycle hence most devices don't have an updated chip. By saying it's only a batch is the same as some appletard telling us only some batches of the macbook 2011 15" had GPU issues.

Not to mention your BS statement about the error being common in SD 855 devices. This error is specific to ASUS devices and is only common in the rog2, no rog3 user has ever complained about that error. You're basicially trolling the user at this point.

View post
Hey but this is just an "your phone port is hot just let it cool down for a bit" notification not autostart,black screen issue which plagued rog 2's
I have even seen it once or twice on my Zenfone 5z while charging and gaming,I let ot cool for 5-10 minutes and good to go again
It's normal for phones to warn about this
Plus op said he played genshin on max settings for 2 hrs with bypass mode enabled
Bypass mode only doesn't charge the battery or use it for that matter and directly powers the internals so I think over a duration a heavy game as genshin will heat up the phone and in his recent comment he did say after playing for the same duration he didn't face that pop up again
Things like thermals depends on ambient too though
I'm not arguing and I obviously know you have more technical information about this stuff just pointing out what I think 🙂