This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule charging

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I don't think the schedule charging option works on my phone. I set it to charge overnight from 9 pm till 9 am at about 8.50 pm plugged it in made sure the toggle was on but it just started charging straight away as normal. Am I missing something
30 REPLIES 30

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157660#Comment_157660

This sounds like normal if turning on toggle is not changing the time you have set than there is nothing to be worried afterall everyone wants smooth working of feature & it does. & i guess after turning off toggle of schedule charging the time which you are able to see i.e. 9.59am - 9.59pm its just shows as an example.

May be changing time after turning off toggle is Zenui 7 transitions i am on Zenui 6 and here i see no change in time weather toggle is on or off in my 5z. So i feel no problem for you if feature is working as expected when you turn on the toggle.

View post
I agree that it is nothing to worry about as the schedule charging works regardless of what it says. It's a bit hard to explain but I'll try . When I set a schedule for say 10 pm to 5 am and then either back out of the screens or tapp the square at the bottom ( I use the three touch options) and discard all the screens at once it all looks good but if I go to settings, battery, schedule charging to check it will show 9.59 pm / 9.59 am again if I tap the square on the bottom right of the screen and swipe away the first screens that opens when you go to settings, battery,then go to the second screen the times I set will appear. Regardless of whether I do that or just leave it the way it is the schedule recharge will work to the Times I set .
Now I have a theory as to why this is happening. I have always been an impatient SOB so I set my animations to zero that is I turn all three off . Now while this may appear to make your phone to be faster in fact it doesn't it just let's you get rid Off pages/ screens faster. Now I know when you change these settings it can have unintended effects on some app / settings. Maybe as it doesn't actually speed your phone up the screens react to fast for the phone as in the phone needs to catch up.
Maybe I'm full of it and totally of base but I'm curious what other people who actually know how these modern devices work think, so that would be you Amit.
When I was a young lad a calculator was your ten fingers and a computer meant taking off your socks and shoes 🥺

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157701#Comment_157701

I agree that it is nothing to worry about as the schedule charging works regardless of what it says. It's a bit hard to explain but I'll try . When I set a schedule for say 10 pm to 5 am and then either back out of the screens or tapp the square at the bottom ( I use the three touch options) and discard all the screens at once it all looks good but if I go to settings, battery, schedule charging to check it will show 9.59 pm / 9.59 am again if I tap the square on the bottom right of the screen and swipe away the first screens that opens when you go to settings, battery,then go to the second screen the times I set will appear. Regardless of whether I do that or just leave it the way it is the schedule recharge will work to the Times I set .

Now I have a theory as to why this is happening. I have always been an impatient SOB so I set my animations to zero that is I turn all three off . Now while this may appear to make your phone to be faster in fact it doesn't it just let's you get rid Off pages/ screens faster. Now I know when you change these settings it can have unintended effects on some app / settings. Maybe as it doesn't actually speed your phone up the screens react to fast for the phone as in the phone needs to catch up.

Maybe I'm full of it and totally of base but I'm curious what other people who actually know how these modern devices work think, so that would be you Amit.

When I was a young lad a calculator was your ten fingers and a computer meant taking off your socks and shoes 🥺

View post
Please can you make a screen recording and show how is exactly the behaviour of schedule charging? It would be much easier to understand.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Ok I'll try but as I hinted to I'm not a young lad and need to play around with it before making a screen recording and pasting it to a post but rest assured that I will get there. I'm also getting a lot off friction from the ear office who believes that my time can be put to better use but stay posted 👍 I'll be back ( as the big fellow said)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157752#Comment_157752

Please can you make a screen recording and show how is exactly the behaviour of schedule charging? It would be much easier to understand.

View post
Not sure if this works or it helps explain my issue so let me know.
Just to let others know I am not complaining about this phone I still love it but just that it's a bit weird. I know that all smartphones have their own little quirks and I believe this is one. It is intermittent thought I must add do again no big deal as the setting works , and that is not intermittently it just works once set regardless of what the display says

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157754#Comment_157754

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/G2R9XQSKOL6K/2021-03-18-20-42-56.mp4

Not sure if this works or it helps explain my issue so let me know.

Just to let others know I am not complaining about this phone I still love it but just that it's a bit weird. I know that all smartphones have their own little quirks and I believe this is one. It is intermittent thought I must add do again no big deal as the setting works , and that is not intermittently it just works once set regardless of what the display says

View post
Ok now i got you..! This seems like a minor glitch in the UI. Yes here i will say wait for A11 which may drop anytime in coming weeks and hopefully this has been fixed there. Ifnot you can report again later.