This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule charging

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I don't think the schedule charging option works on my phone. I set it to charge overnight from 9 pm till 9 am at about 8.50 pm plugged it in made sure the toggle was on but it just started charging straight away as normal. Am I missing something
30 REPLIES 30

Roystoys
Zen Master III
In fact nothing on the battery care charging seems to work. I turned off schedule charging and went for slow 18 W charging instead but it makes no difference, the estimate to full charge is exactly the same as fast charging. If I pull down the drape it says slow charging is on but if I look at settings/ battery it still says fast charging. Again am I doing something wrong or is it just my phone or does it not work for all ??

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

I don't think the schedule charging option works on my phone. I set it to charge overnight from 9 pm till 9 am at about 8.50 pm plugged it in made sure the toggle was on but it just started charging straight away as normal. Am I missing something

Schedule charging
Scheduled charging charges the phone normally till 80% and stops there (the led turns off and the phone doesn't take in any power) and again starts charging a bit before your set end time and completes by the entered end time

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

In fact nothing on the battery care charging seems to work. I turned off schedule charging and went for slow 18 W charging instead but it makes no difference, the estimate to full charge is exactly the same as fast charging. If I pull down the drape it says slow charging is on but if I look at settings/ battery it still says fast charging. Again am I doing something wrong or is it just my phone or does it not work for all ??

View post
Slow charging charges at 10W right?
Check the mA wattage in an app like Ampere (compare normal vs slow charging enabled)
Even if it shows fast charging in lockscreen it should slow charge if that option is enabled and it's being displayed in notification panel

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Thanks for your response Averan I think I worked it out. I use an app called acubattery and if I check that it does tell me it's charging slower than normal fast changing when I am using slow charging.
The schedule charging I thought should not charge at all until the start time is reached but it doesn't work that way,at least I think it doesn't. I understand what you said and yes I believe that is what is happening. Thanks 👍