This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your Default Weather Update automatically?? My doesn't !!!

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
So in the past ( don't know when it stopped ) my Weather App updated regulary in a 2 hour sync and sometimes when the Weather was very bad (Rain, String Wind) I also got a notification.

Since, but don't know when, my Weather App won't update in the 2 hour sync anymore. Even if I set the App to sync in a half hour, doesn't Work.
Updating is only possible in the App manually and with this way I also get the notification for bad weather.
Syncing in any time automatic doesn't work.
Do you have the Same issue???
Like I Said, I didn't change anything in the settings, but it worked in the past.

17 REPLIES 17

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
CHOOZR

im not having such an issue.

Did you accidentally turn off auto sync?

View post
Can you post a picture or explain me, what or which setting you exactly mean with auto sync?
Because everything else is working totally fine without any sync issues...and I can't remeber to have any auto sync ever disabled.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Helo ;PuweY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156794#Comment_156794

Weather App is optimized since having the Phone. I know I had notifications in the past, and I didn't change anything in the Phone. The App just don't want update automatcally since...I can't say when..but I think since the December Patch got outdated..oh Boys @ Asus..what's happening with App+System Patches...die you forget this Phone? Because I think it has something to do with it. Setting up a static address or using direct location in the weather App...both must be updated manualy and during doing it I get my notification that the weather is bad, but Not automatcally after any Intervall Setup.

View post
That is what I mean, change the settings so it is not optimized.

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156965#Comment_156965

That is what I mean, change the settings so it is not optimized.

View post
Very thankful for the Tip. So far I didn't tested it, but I will. I just wondering, because even after a lot fresh new installs of the phone the weather App was always set to optimized, I never changed anything and I don't use the SuperCleaner because I have some Games that also stopping their notifications if I use the SuperCleaner. So this is Not in question. I research the other device Forums for Zen Phones for example and they also had this issue. It was gone after Patches...so I think my theory is right: if our Phone would be up to Date...i wouldnt have this issue.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
oh sorry thought you meant the google weather.
The auto-sync is in the account settings.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Helo ;PuweY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157008#Comment_157008

Very thankful for the Tip. So far I didn't tested it, but I will. I just wondering, because even after a lot fresh new installs of the phone the weather App was always set to optimized, I never changed anything and I don't use the SuperCleaner because I have some Games that also stopping their notifications if I use the SuperCleaner. So this is Not in question. I research the other device Forums for Zen Phones for example and they also had this issue. It was gone after Patches...so I think my theory is right: if our Phone would be up to Date...i wouldnt have this issue.

View post
Just checking to see if you have managed to fix the problem?