This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still worth it to purchase a Rog phone 3?

Azuma
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Basically title. Is it still worth it to purchase one if I can get it at a reasonable price? Or should I just wait for the 5? I'm worried they might stop supporting the 3 soon after the 5 drops. Any opinions would be appreciated, would like some advice before dropping $1k on a phone
18 REPLIES 18

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
akkashsaini

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155716#Comment_155716

Don't forget about rog2 🤣🤣🤣 I guess they did

View post
Nope many times mod have said that updates for ROG 2 will be provided whenever those will be ready after 10th of march most probably all models monthly security patches and updates will be back on track so dont worry & stay tuned!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Azuma

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155716#Comment_155716

Thanks for the reply! And budget isn't really a issue (though saving any amount of money is always nice). Just want to know how much of a upgrade it is between the two, if it's night/day then I'll definitely want to go with the 5. But if the difference is minimal, then it might just be worth me saving a few hundred or so to get the previous model. I guess I won't really know until the 10th. Regardless I'll be getting one of them, been eyeing these sorts of phones for awhile, and I figured I might as well upgrade.

View post
Yes sure, and i personally feel ROG 5 will be a big improvement over 3 after reading some rumours & i am guessing, but we will see on 10th and than you are free to make your perfect match.
Happy Gaming!

botboy444
Zen Master I
Azuma

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Basically title. Is it still worth it to purchase one if I can get it at a reasonable price? Or should I just wait for the 5? I'm worried they might stop supporting the 3 soon after the 5 drops. Any opinions would be appreciated, would like some advice before dropping $1k on a phone

Is it still worth it to purchase a Rog phone 3?
1k eh? must be an aussie??

if so, not that it doesnt have VoLTE in Australia rn, but besides that its great 😄 i cant really see the rog 5 being much better than the rog 3 tbh, and apparently the sd888 has heat issues atm

Azuma
Star II
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45477/is-it-still-worth-it-to-purchase-a-rog-phone-3

1k eh? must be an aussie??

if so, not that it doesnt have VoLTE in Australia rn, but besides that its great 😄 i cant really see the rog 5 being much better than the rog 3 tbh, and apparently the sd888 has heat issues atm

View post
I'm actually from the US haha, but yeah I'm going back and forth about it. Can't quite decide, been talking to someone that can sell me a rog 3 for around $875 (512gb/12gb ram). Deciding if I should take the offer or not.

botboy444
Zen Master I
Azuma

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155727#Comment_155727

I'm actually from the US haha, but yeah I'm going back and forth about it. Can't quite decide, been talking to someone that can sell me a rog 3 for around $875 (512gb/12gb ram). Deciding if I should take the offer or not.

View post
ah fair haha

well i will definitely recommend that you see if it has any information under system update - if not than it may be a tencent device flashed with WW rom which can cause a lot of issues, unless you 100% trust the seller that it was brought in a store and not online 🙂

VoLTE still might not be a thing where you are, but if you pester ASUS enough it may get added 😛

other than that, i honestly reckon its still a good deal, its less than a year old, the camera is ehhh but its not horrible

your call, but id say do it! 😄