This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still worth it to purchase a Rog phone 3?

Azuma
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Basically title. Is it still worth it to purchase one if I can get it at a reasonable price? Or should I just wait for the 5? I'm worried they might stop supporting the 3 soon after the 5 drops. Any opinions would be appreciated, would like some advice before dropping $1k on a phone
18 REPLIES 18

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Azuma

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Basically title. Is it still worth it to purchase one if I can get it at a reasonable price? Or should I just wait for the 5? I'm worried they might stop supporting the 3 soon after the 5 drops. Any opinions would be appreciated, would like some advice before dropping $1k on a phone

Is it still worth it to purchase a Rog phone 3?
ROG 3 is still a latest device and so they will not stop supporting it when ROG 5 drops in but i suggest you that always go for latest tech Obviously ROG 5 will be an improvement over ROG 3 so if you can than please go with ROG 5 if you dont have any budget issues but if your budget is much tighter than ROG 3 also is not a bad deal.

Azuma
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45477/is-it-still-worth-it-to-purchase-a-rog-phone-3

ROG 3 is still a latest device and so they will not stop supporting it when ROG 5 drops in but i suggest you that always go for latest tech Obviously ROG 5 will be an improvement over ROG 3 so if you can than please go with ROG 5 if you dont have any budget issues but if your budget is much tighter than ROG 3 also is not a bad deal.

View post
Thanks for the reply! And budget isn't really a issue (though saving any amount of money is always nice). Just want to know how much of a upgrade it is between the two, if it's night/day then I'll definitely want to go with the 5. But if the difference is minimal, then it might just be worth me saving a few hundred or so to get the previous model. I guess I won't really know until the 10th. Regardless I'll be getting one of them, been eyeing these sorts of phones for awhile, and I figured I might as well upgrade.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45477/is-it-still-worth-it-to-purchase-a-rog-phone-3

View post
Don't forget about rog2 🤣🤣🤣 I guess they did

Azuma
Star II
akkashsaini

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155716#Comment_155716

Don't forget about rog2 🤣🤣🤣 I guess they did

View post
Yeah that's what has me worried about purchasing the 3, exactly what happened to the 2.