Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

illixir
Star III
@Christine_ASUS After suffering from SD content on Netflix for a while and blaming my network provider for the same, I recently checked to the utter horror that my device lost the L1 certification. I came up here in search of a solution. Please advise as to how do I proceed from here. I believe is been around 2 months since I've not been able to stream HD content which means around two months since the L1 certification was relegated to L3.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Swadesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145951#Comment_145951

I am not faulting Asus, but how they're handling the situation. FIrst of all they're sending everyone private message as if they've a solution. But, all they do is send you to the service center. Don't get me started about their service centers. They're all outsourced to third party service providers. They had no clue what widevine is when I went there.

Many other companies suffered from Widevine downgrade in the past as well. I don't have experience with all of them, but my Oneplus 7 Pro had this issue as well, but it was rectified by an OTA update. And no one sent me to service center, and had me live without my phone for days after ensuring me that I may get my phone back same day, or next day. Especially when it is either their mistake or their vendor's.

Asus is not a start up company whose actions can be ignored. It is a multi-billion dollar company which should know better. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if it is not handled properly, Asus is at fault. Period.

Do you buy an iPhone and blame sony when camera is not working as advertised?

Also, you should stop going through all the forum posts pretending you're above all. Have some life, and stay on topic. No need to demean someone in order to prove your point. You can always say things wisely. Knowledge comes with wisdom, not with show off.

Edit:

Update: Service center informed me that they're still waiting for response from Asus after their initial attempt to flash the certificate failed. They followed exact steps that Asus gave them, but it failed. It has been more than 36hours and counting for Asus's response on the matter. As soon as this billion dollar company figures out how to flash certificate on a phone without error, it will be fixed. Great!

View post
If the fault in question is caused by some update from Sony ofc I blame sony then. And you seem completely ignorant about the fact that almost all support in any company is quite basic. Outsourcing to 3rd party is pretty much what all manufacturers are doing nowadays, the fact that you arent aware of this is quite scary.
I think apple is the only phone manufacturer that have their own server center, however they are even worse because they will scam you as much as possible, which has been proven by tons of users, articles and even a CBC news investigation.
As for the whole flashing problem, it's more than likely the service center not understanding how to flash it as even I fixed a widewine issue for a guy who contacted me and send his phone to me (note the device was unlocked). The fact that you thought any type of support is capable lets me question your experience with support lines or centers in general.
As for your crying about me being above all, you may feel that way simply because I am more experienced than you and know what I'm talking about unlike most people here in the forums spreading the most mentally disabled things.

Swadesh
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145977#Comment_145977

If the fault in question is caused by some update from Sony ofc I blame sony then. And you seem completely ignorant about the fact that almost all support in any company is quite basic. Outsourcing to 3rd party is pretty much what all manufacturers are doing nowadays, the fact that you arent aware of this is quite scary.

I think apple is the only phone manufacturer that have their own server center, however they are even worse because they will scam you as much as possible, which has been proven by tons of users, articles and even a CBC news investigation.

As for the whole flashing problem, it's more than likely the service center not understanding how to flash it as even I fixed a widewine issue for a guy who contacted me and send his phone to me (note the device was unlocked). The fact that you thought any type of support is capable lets me question your experience with support lines or centers in general.

As for your crying about me being above all, you may feel that way simply because I am more experienced than you and know what I'm talking about unlike most people here in the forums spreading the most mentally disabled things.

View post
Ofcourse you would do, and companies will get away with poor service because of that. You're buying the whole package, not a module. So, any fault on phone is companies responsibility to fix or handle. If I go to qualcomm and say that they should fix issue with my phone, they'll redirect me to Asus, and ask me to let them talk to them, not me.
The biggest issue is that ASUS won't acknowledge any of these issues and let their community know they're working on the potential fix. If they did, I think there will be way less random stranded angry threads, knowing the fix is in works.
Well, you're right, I don't have much experience with support lines or centers. With good devices you rarely have to visit service center. However, I did go to Oneplus service center to replace battery on 7 pro, and guess what, they at least have Oneplus Branding at their service centers, instead of some random ass name. And got my device back within an hour. Where with Asus, they've my device for 7 days now, and yet have to figure out how to flash a certificate.
You just had to ruin it, didn't you? Up until your last sentence, I really thought you are quite knowledgeable and felt respectful towards your response. I read your other post about heat desipitation on smartphones, and how black crush is an software issue. Those posts built trust and respect.
You should work on how you express things without belittling others. You may sure have more experience, I never denied that. But your attitude of considering yourself mighty is sad.
Whatsoever, my anger is not towards you, but management of Asus's after sales service, and how they're handling the issues with the device which are present out of box. The biggest problem with Asus that I have is how they won't acknowledge any of these. Instead of ignoring, they can acknowledge these issues, and try to do better.
For example, they can take feedback on how the service center experience is less than optimal, and improve it based on the feedback. But, they're not doing it.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Dear all,

The issue of ROG3 Widevine L3 is now under investigation for software solution. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

View post
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145714#Comment_145714

According to Falcon_ASUS's answer:

This situation is expected to be optimized and adjusted by subsequent firmware updates.

screenshot-20210109-104141219-1.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/42670/%E6%88%91%E7%9A%84rog3%E7%9A%84-windvine-%E7%9A%84-secu...

View post

Hi Swadesh
2020/12/28 (Mon.) > I had first contacted you for information collecting. After you replied, I mentioned to you that please wait till the local team contact with you.
2021/01/02 (Sat.) > You told me that you had visited the repair center, before the local office contacted you, and the repair center did not know how to fix. However, the local office was closed for Christmas and New Year holiday and the repair center hadn't gotten the fixing tool from our side on 2nd January.
2021/01/04 (Mon.) > I immediately apologized to you for further explanation as soon as I entered the office on Monday morning and informed the local office synced the case/solution with the repair center.
2021/01/05 (Tue.) - 2021/01/06 (Wed.) > The repair center told us that the device showed the error message while performing our repair guide, which we have never encountered before while repair other device, and helped us to collect the related backstage data.
2021/01/08 (Fri.) > The case had been investigating by the tech team and provided an new repair tool on Friday.
2021/01/11 (Mon.) > The repair center reported that your device still showed error message while tested with the new tool on the weekends. And the tech team checked on the data this morning once they entered the office, and guided the repair center to replace the motherboard for further testing. I will provide you your repair update via PM once I receive any related information.

I am sorry if I had caused any misunderstanding during the communication. Please note that our tech team/office only work on weekday while some repair centers remain open on weekends and holiday. If you think there is room for improvement of the process, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Besides, another user and I already replied on the thread on 8th/9th January that ASUS are currently working on the potential fix via software or firmware update. Thank you.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Swadesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146262#Comment_146262

Ofcourse you would do, and companies will get away with poor service because of that. You're buying the whole package, not a module. So, any fault on phone is companies responsibility to fix or handle. If I go to qualcomm and say that they should fix issue with my phone, they'll redirect me to Asus, and ask me to let them talk to them, not me.

The biggest issue is that ASUS won't acknowledge any of these issues and let their community know they're working on the potential fix. If they did, I think there will be way less random stranded angry threads, knowing the fix is in works.

Well, you're right, I don't have much experience with support lines or centers. With good devices you rarely have to visit service center. However, I did go to Oneplus service center to replace battery on 7 pro, and guess what, they at least have Oneplus Branding at their service centers, instead of some random ass name. And got my device back within an hour. Where with Asus, they've my device for 7 days now, and yet have to figure out how to flash a certificate.

You just had to ruin it, didn't you? Up until your last sentence, I really thought you are quite knowledgeable and felt respectful towards your response. I read your other post about heat desipitation on smartphones, and how black crush is an software issue. Those posts built trust and respect.

You should work on how you express things without belittling others. You may sure have more experience, I never denied that. But your attitude of considering yourself mighty is sad.

Whatsoever, my anger is not towards you, but management of Asus's after sales service, and how they're handling the issues with the device which are present out of box. The biggest problem with Asus that I have is how they won't acknowledge any of these. Instead of ignoring, they can acknowledge these issues, and try to do better.

For example, they can take feedback on how the service center experience is less than optimal, and improve it based on the feedback. But, they're not doing it.

View post
Companies always get away with it wheter you like it or not. Look at the entire PC and Phone market, removing headphone jack, charger in your box and so on. While yes they will send you back to ASUS to get the license back, they will still thank you and write the problem down for the devs, if qualcomm didnt fix the bug, then no matter how many times ASUS reinstalls the license, it will be ruined again and again after an update, which would make the entire thing pointless.
While true for some users, others just like to cry and moan before reading any sticky. Most issues here are simply caused by phones that have been tampered with thanks to the terrible asian market that want to make a quick buck on reflashed tencent phones.
Flashing a certificate and replacing a battery are both very different matters. Replacing a battery is simply opening the phone and possibly remove some screws and you done, while flashing a certificate which isnt exacly the norm takes brainpower. They cannot flash the normal way because of warranty problems, they need to leave the bootloader intact. It's like saying 1 car center is better because they change your tires faster than another tries to reprogram your board computer on the car.
I don't care what you think or how insulted you feel, I'll always be quite blunt about things. If you feel sad because you think i feel "mighy" then that's your problem.
I understand that your anger is with how the modern world is currently working but this is sadly how it is nowadays. Companies only care about sales, spend tons of money on marketing and the least amount on support. Apple started the trend and always keeps to see how far they can go, while the others simply follow. Look at how samsung doesn't want to sell chargers included anymore, same with xiaomi.
They cannot take feedback for service centers because depending on region it's vastly different. You see the service center in my region is extremely competent, i had an issue with my first rog3 which had a messed up TFT layer, i got the device replaced in less than 3 days. Depending on region your support will vastly vary, what you should be mad about is how the asian market can get away with the worst scumbag service ever, while selling tencent flashed global rom phones and even have the balls to replace the back of those phones so that users have a hard time detecting that they have been scammed.
As you can see in this forum, by far the most people with issues are those from the asian market. At this point despite ASUS not being perfect, most of the issues here are casued by scumbags who want to make a quick buck.