System: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, Build 18363
Battery or AC:
Model: Asus TUF A15 (fx506iv)
Frequency of occurrence: Random every 5 - 30 Minutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
3 November 2020, i updated my bios from 309 to 311. But i've some bugs with my usb port. When using usb hub, on first port (beside hdmi port) will randomly disconnect and reconnect every 5 - 30 minutes. And without usb hub you cannot transfer file to android phone (cannot change 'transfer file' option on android phone). And for the second one (beside type c port) with usb hub i think no problem, but new problem if you connect your android without usb hub, it will connect and reconnect every 1 - 2 second.
Summary:
Problem First USB 3.0 Port (Beside HDMI Port):
With USB Hub, it will randomly disconnect & reconnect every 5 - 30 Minutes
Without USB Hub i think its normal, but cannot transfer file to android phone (only charging option)
Problem Second USB 3.0 Port (Beside Type C Port):
With USB Hub no problem occured
Without USB Hub (Direct Connect) Android phone will disconnect and reconnect every 1 - 2 second
I hope asus will fix this fatal bugs
37 REPLIES 37

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
sujithkumarpendem

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/135470#Comment_135470

Suppose I run full hardware diagnosis, it works fine with other checks but when the test is on the fans, it doesn't get initiated. Fans don't start at all for the check up. Fix this issue asap. I am worried if this could cause any sudden thermal management problem.

I read somewhere that many others have the same issue

View post
Hi,
May I have a screenshot of the issue?
Thank you.

Hi,
I have the same issue with USB ports on FA506II with BIOS rev. 313. But reverting BIOS to 309 solved the problem.
Interesting is that the problem (in rev. 313) occures with Redmi Note 8 Pro but with Redmi Note 9 Pro everything works fine.

Oh and another interesting thing: USB port on the right side work fine whatever BIOS revision is but two USB ports on the left side are making problems in BIOS rev. 313. In rev. 309 everything works fine.
And I didin't tested USB-C port.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
czarek.szymanski

Oh and another interesting thing: USB port on the right side work fine whatever BIOS revision is but two USB ports on the left side are making problems in BIOS rev. 313. In rev. 309 everything works fine.

And I didin't tested USB-C port.

View post
Hello czarek,
Do you have another USB device, other than Redmi to cross check? or the cable?
BIOS 313 had fixed the USB port issue, we might need to dig in more to find out.
Thank you so much.

screenshot-285-29.png
see this is the issue. Fan test doesnt start at all. And I am sure that this issue is not specific to me, others have also stated the same on reddit